Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 10:54 AM   #1

Questions about Forester I ordered

Does anyone recall how much the satellite system option is?
What brand is the satellite?
Is the propane tank really only 9.8 gallons and is that the filling capacity (80% level) so the tank is really 12 gallon?
I will probably have more questions.
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
Commercial Member

We stopped optioning the Sat and just pre-wire for it now. Too much confusion. Used to be one sat handled all...then they did a DISH only version and then a DirecTV only version, auto, in-motion, etc, etc. Now they have one that is DISH only but with an aftermarket add to make it DirecTV. We just gave up.

Propane tank is 12.25 gallons WC (Water Capacity), which means it is 9.8 gallons of actual propane. Most MFG's list their water capacity for some reason. I have never been able to figure out why other than people don't read the fine print and they ASSUME that it is LP capacity and it makes them look better. Seems shady to list it that way. We list actual capacity.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #3

bclemens-thanks for the quick reply. So there is satellite pre-wiring in the ceiling down to the TV for a roof mounted dish? Can a portable dish be hooked up to the exterior cable and use the cable at the TV to connect to the sat receiver. Then use another cable from receiver to TV?
Old 06-15-2015, 07:36 AM   #4
Class C Representative

There is satellite pre-wiring from the roof to the TV, the coax is covered in a small white box on the roof, the mounting plate is in front of that towards the front of the coach. You can hook up a portable satellite to the coax by the 30 AMP service on the drivers side of the coach.
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #5
Commercial Member

See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Satellite Connections.pdf (207.1 KB, 224 views)

Old 06-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #6

I just unhook the tv and run satellite direct less hassle.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:27 AM   #7

Transit bars?

Another question, does the 2701DS come with transit bars for the two slides?

What radio/nav model do they come with. Is the DVD player on the TV or in the radio?

Are there any positive posts about the 2701DS? I haven't seen much posted about this floorpan at all.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Another question, does the 2701DS come with transit bars for the two slides?

What radio/nav model do they come with. Is the DVD player on the TV or in the radio?

Are there any positive posts about the 2701DS? I haven't seen much posted about this floorpan at all.
My dvd player is in the radio to play dvd you go to menu on tv and select input to av2. It also serves as cd player.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #9
Class C Representative

It depends on the model and type of slide we use. There are few instances where you would ever need to use a transit bar.

We use a Jensen radio that includes Bluetooth hookup, Nav, Dvd, AM/FM radio, and all the hook ups to Sirius radio. For the Sirius Radio you need to call and subscribe to use it.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
It depends on the model and type of slide we use. There are few instances where you would ever need to use a transit bar.

We use a Jensen radio that includes Bluetooth hookup, Nav, Dvd, AM/FM radio, and all the hook ups to Sirius radio. For the Sirius Radio you need to call and subscribe to use it.
Agree I got 3 for two slides. Have never used them. When we go out I have a check off list I leave on driver's seat to make sure I've done everything Before leaving.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #11

Bedroom TV pre-wired

When ordering, we opted not to get the bedroom TV. We don't go camping to watch TV and have seldom used the one in our current MH. Plus we will be walking into it when going around the bed. Do they pre-wire for later installation?
Old 06-19-2015, 11:15 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Yes, all the wiring is still there.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #13

Thank you all for the replies. Ordered our Forester a week ago, now we just sit and wait and wait and wait.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:43 PM   #14

Received order confirmation

Spoke with dealer today and they received the order confirmation. They had us come in and sign a copy. Gave me a chance to check on a few items like which slides we were getting, if they came with transit sticks, valve stem etc.
They said they will notify me when they receive notice that it's coming off line and going to paint, then ready for transit. No way to track?
Old 06-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Not really. Not quite the same as Amazon.

I guess I would ask if you can track Ford orders online? I hear that question a lot about tracking an order, but I have yet to see it even on automotive...at least from my experience.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I guess I would ask if you can track Ford orders online? I hear that question a lot about tracking an order, but I have yet to see it even on automotive...at least from my experience.
Yes! Waaaay back in 2001 I tracked the Mustang Cobra I ordered through the factory, to the rail head, its transport to Atlanta, and then to my dealership. People routinely track their orders on Ford's website...

Now about that 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400W I have on order....
Old 06-22-2015, 03:02 PM   #17

Industry needs to get with the times, not just FR but all manufactures that make spec order items. There should be an online tracking mech in place even if it is a day or two behind, even provide pics, it will really enhance the buying experience, people will talk about it with friends and others they meet on how cool that purchase was...really the customer is already paying for something that is a "one of" might as enhance that.

I asked the bike dealer for the same info when ordering my bike, I was lucky as I knew many of the builders so I was able to get pics of it getting built, painted, boxed..unboxed.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
Yes! Waaaay back in 2001 I tracked the Mustang Cobra I ordered through the factory, to the rail head, its transport to Atlanta, and then to my dealership. People routinely track their orders on Ford's website...

Now about that 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400W I have on order....
Back in 2012, not that long ago, I tracked my Toyota from Japan to SLC, even knew what ship it was on. Took a lot of digging, but fun watching where the ship was in the pacific. Came into the port of Long Beach and on a car carrier to SLC. Only had .6 of a miles on it. I've had a couple of new vehicles over the years and had never seen one with less than a mile.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #19

Any way to track the progress of my order of June 12, 2015 for 2016 Forester 2701 and a better estimation of ETA?
Old 07-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #20
Class C Representative

Send me your Vin number and I'll look it up when I get in the office tomorrow.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).

Tags
forester