Old 06-12-2016, 07:31 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Yes, I'm going to use the StickyFeet as I don't want screws in the roof. Not sure if I'm going to use 4 or 6 per panel. Maybe 3 each on the longer sides or maybe 2 each on the longer sides and 1 each on the shorter side that will be facing front and back. Do you think that's overkill?
I would use 6 per panel to be on the safe side. If the long side is close to 4 feet long, which I think they are, than one in the middle is needed for support.

So far no problems with mine. Doing one more trip to Ventura in 2 weeks then the following week up to Seattle (2500 miles round trip) which will put them to the test.

HopHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:08 PM   #82
MH Noob

Quote:
Yes, I'm going to use the StickyFeet as I don't want screws in the roof. Not sure if I'm going to use 4 or 6 per panel. Maybe 3 each on the longer sides or maybe 2 each on the longer sides and 1 each on the shorter side that will be facing front and back. Do you think that's overkill?
Possibly - but don't you have the dimpled roof like mine?

Old 06-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimjc View Post
Possibly - but don't you have the dimpled roof like mine?
Yes I do and so does HopHed. He lightly sanded down some dimples and seems to have good adhesion. Yesterday, I discussed it with my salesman and he said they just use screws and adhesive caulk over it. He did say he would add screws to the StickyFeet just to make sure. But then that defeats to reason to use them in the first place, no screws.
Sagecoachdriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:15 PM   #84
MH Noob

Quote:
Yes I do and so does HopHed. He lightly sanded down some dimples and seems to have good adhesion. Yesterday, I discussed it with my salesman and he said they just use screws and adhesive caulk over it. He did say he would add screws to the StickyFeet just to make sure. But then that defeats to reason to use them in the first place, no screws.
Ah yes - I recall the sanding. I did the VHB, 2 screws in each of the 4 feet, and Sikaflex semi leveling over the top. Have a few thousand miles on em - they don't move - but I understand the aversion to holes in the roof.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:04 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopHed View Post
I would use 6 per panel to be on the safe side. If the long side is close to 4 feet long, which I think they are, than one in the middle is needed for support.

So far no problems with mine. Doing one more trip to Ventura in 2 weeks then the following week up to Seattle (2500 miles round trip) which will put them to the test.
Ventura, on 101 just south of and on the inland side of the Walking Bridge that crossed the Freeway you will find WINDY NATION . COM. Cash and carry right out the warehouse door. All the wind mills and solar panels you could ever use.

Have a safe trip Tom
Old 06-15-2016, 01:46 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
Ventura, on 101 just south of and on the inland side of the Walking Bridge that crossed the Freeway you will find WINDY NATION . COM. Cash and carry right out the warehouse door. All the wind mills and solar panels you could ever use.
That's not to far from me. By Emma Wood SB? If so, I tried Google map and no image of anything there except the crossover bridge??? Is it down that one lane road by California Door and Hardware???
I didn't see any 100 watt Mono panels on their website?
Old 06-24-2016, 03:33 PM   #87

Starting to order!

Going to order the StickyFeet first from RV Solar, then the controller from Renogy or Amazon along with 60' of 10awg cable. Going with 2x100 watt Renogy mono panels to start.
I am going to rewire my Renogy solar suitcase 100w to bypass the controller and feed directly into the cables to the controller using a Y connector. That way I can put out the portable panel when needed for 300 watts or if the MH is in the shade. I can see how this works and always easily add another 100 watt panel on the roof. Then I'd have 300 watts or 400 watts.

Benagi, I know you were thinking about adding solar on your, did you?
Old 06-24-2016, 11:28 PM   #88

Sage, still haven't bought a system yet but it will happen sooner or later.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:03 PM   #89

Ordered everything today. Panels, controller and cable from Amazon using Prime 30 day trial and will have it all Monday, Maybe. StickyFeet are from RV Solar Store and having them ship UPS ground from Colorado. Hopefully, I will get them by the time I have the controller and cable setup.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:22 AM   #90

Thanks again HopHed for the visit today. Feel confident about the StickyFeet and wiring. Will take photos and post as I do the install.
Question, did you use 10 awg from panels to controller and 8 awg from controller to the batteries? I don't think I will use the cutoff, instead I'll use the fused circuit breaker, one on each side like you did.

Tags
solar