Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb2011 View Post
I just had the Airlift WirelessAir Installed with the Airlift airbags at Campingworld.. Like the wireless very much. Originally I had the Airlift Dual control installed in my truck with the airbags and labor was $39 each for the bags and control in truck {total $78}. The Dual control was giving me a air leak problem so Airlift has a 60 day no questions asked return policy. So Campingworld talked to them and they swapped me to the WirelessAir for $152 for the upgrade part and even paid for part of the labor to put in the WirelessAir. The mechanic at Campingworld did one great job installing my Package. Love the idea of just having a remote control in my truck. Plus I got $100 in rebates!
How long have you been running with WirelessAir installed? I'm curious how the dual path control is holding out. I've read about a lot of problems with that solenoid.

Do you find that you make more adjustments to the air bags because of the wireless feature?

Old 07-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchd View Post
I will now only install pacbrake brand bags and controls.
That's good to know - I'm considering adding bags to the front of the E450. I've felt the suspension bottom a couple times. Then again, I was driving through Fort Worth. I traveled some terrible roads bypassing Dallas.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilly View Post
How long have you been running with WirelessAir installed? I'm curious how the dual path control is holding out. I've read about a lot of problems with that solenoid.

Do you find that you make more adjustments to the air bags because of the wireless feature?

It's only been 2 weeks with the WirelessAir. You can program to preset 2 weight settings. Then you can also bring to any amount of weight you desire when towing. When your done towing just hit one of your preset buttons and it returns to preset weight. I will keep a eye out on the solenoid issue. I just touch a button to see how much air is in the bags and it also shows if it's holding air. I don't keep playing with it if that's what you mean.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #14

I installed the TLC wireless remote. Had it for 2 years now, I like it. Have my tow present just hit the remote and pumps up tge bags. Depending on loads I can adjust on the fly to desired setting.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #15
Site Team

I have wireless air with airlift bags. Worked great for 26 months the manifold went haywire. Now I inflate thru Schrader valves on bumper.
Airlift want $90 to rebuild it. I have enjoyed the convenience of the remote and performance of the bags and on board compressor.
PS. The bags are aired individually and can be set to different psi.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb2011 View Post
I don't keep playing with it if that's what you mean.
No, not what I meant. I am thinking more on the motorhome application. I have run my pressure from 60 psi to 90 psi depending on how the coach is loaded and the crosswind. Curious if there is much adjusting done once on the road - adding or subtracting pressure than you would have if it were the manual schrader valve method.
Thanks for the information.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
I have wireless air with airlift bags. Worked great for 26 months the manifold went haywire.
That's what I've been reading. The manifold/solenoid fails right after the 2 year warranty. So you went back to the schrader valve. I'm there now and I want to go to automatic. Isn't there an aftermarket solenoid that can be installed or modified to get you back in automatic? Was wondering if just converting to Air Lift single path control would be a solution. I haven't read any trouble with that device. You just lose the independent left/right pressure control.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougP47 View Post
I installed the TLC wireless remote. Had it for 2 years now, I like it. Have my tow present just hit the remote and pumps up tge bags. Depending on loads I can adjust on the fly to desired setting.
TLC uses Air Lift WirelessOne remote. The bags they carry are more for pickups.

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #19
Site Team

That crossed my mind while I was typing just now. Gonna check I out. The manifold still works somewhat. So if I get the right solenoid in the right spot I can inflate and deflate. Worth tinkering with. Haven't found any option other than buy new model airlift manifold for $250+ or rebuild old for $90. I miss the easy air up on the go.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #20
Site Team

I searched high and low online for solenoid replacement but can't find any.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404874736816.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	57682   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404874769447.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	57683