Old 07-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
Many pumps have warning labels that state: Turn off your vehicle before fueling, No smoking, only approved containers, approved containers must be on the ground and not in the vehicle and such. Also the RV refrigerator running on propane in the gas station. But I have seen them ALL ignored many times although they have the force of law in most states. I just hope that no innocent person is next to them when they go up. You can get away with ignoring the warnings thousands of times UNTIL you don't.
Yepi read all the time of gas stations blowing up because of someones rv fridge or gen set running .
Your more likely to cause a issue with a static shock then with the other

Old 07-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
Why risk it? Our generator exhaust is right below the fuel filler location. Odds are slim to none, but one time a fire starts you no longer have a MH.
I've never seen gas ignite when just spilled on a hot surface . if it did my motorcycle and thousand others would be charcoal .A spark yes , open flame hits gasoline vapor yes .but gas vapor is heaver then air and most rv fidges are a few feet off the ground

Old 07-23-2016, 10:10 PM   #13

Don't know about Forester but the Georgetowns have an ignition interlock that locks out fridge ignition for about 15 minutes when ignition is shut off. Used for refueling purposes. Forester may be the same. Of course, if the fridge is a residential type, not an issue.