Old 11-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
GM

The main TV should have had a good picture. If that was an issue, then by all means it should have been covered. (Pretty sure we're running HDMI cables now).

As for the other TV's, that's simply a result of all the changes in technology. We used to be able to take a signal and split it to 10 different TV's via coax. Quality was not very good, but with SD TV's it didn't matter. With high def our options are limited.

I have a call into King Controls because I would like to be able to future proof our systems a bit. I've asked them for some input. Otherwise we would have to run HDMI, RCA, Component & coax from the receiver to every TV location. We just have no idea what someone is going to install.

I'm a huge tech guy and run all my own home theater stuff. If we could get HDMI in cut to length cables that might be the answer to it all...but they are only preset lengths and some of the receivers only have ONE HDMI out. The other out is RCA for Standard definition.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #12

The cable to the main TV is coax. There were no HDMI cables installed. We would be satisfied if just one TV worked!

Old 11-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #13
GM

This has got to be the same unit I was just talking to service about and we authorized an HDMI cable to be installed under warranty to the main TV.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 11-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #14

Interesting.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #15

I have a 2014 3051S and it came with a plastic switching station that recieved input from the Magdylne DVD and from the cable connection in main electric storage bin. When we first started out we could watch a.dvd on main tv and cable on bedroom or outside or any combo of that. The pictures were clear from DVD and cable pic was dependent on signal from rv park.
Yea brian you are right i should be able to use DVD i disconnected the 3 wire when modifying for 2 seperate dish recievers.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #16

We didn't even have a switch box in our 2015! From what I now understand there is no way our system was ever going to get a good picture using coax to a HD TV. Hard to understand why it was ever hooked up at the factory this way. Also hard to understand why no one at CW or FR could figure this out. A very expensive and frustrating experience.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #17
GM

Switch box only made things worse, that's why we got rid of it.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #18

So does that mean i can get my switch box mess replaced without cost to me. Or should I have waited for tbe 2015 models to come out. Lol
Old 11-13-2014, 09:14 AM   #19
GM

NO switch box is the upgrade. So you have the latest and greatest and didn't even know it.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #20

Have they replaced the HDMI cable from receiver to TV? I bought a couple of HDMI cables a while back and one of them would not work out of the box. Simple test, start replacing stuff. BTW it could be the TV at fault too!

Tags
satellite