Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Rockin M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 25
Replacement Love Seat

Has anyone replaced the factory install two person/love seat in a 3011DS or similiar unit with a Lazy Boy or Lane unit. If so do you have a model number of the unit you purchased to replace or maybe a pix of the new unit installed in you Forester. We are wishing to replace our original seat/couch with something more comfortable.

Thank you
__________________

__________________
Barry & Donna
2014 Forester 3011DS
2013 Chevy Equinox
Rockin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,602
Hello,
I just received a email from Lippert. They have a new line of furniture by the look of the email.
__________________

__________________
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:39 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eagle Wisconsin
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin M View Post
Has anyone replaced the factory install two person/love seat in a 3011DS or similiar unit with a Lazy Boy or Lane unit. If so do you have a model number of the unit you purchased to replace or maybe a pix of the new unit installed in you Forester. We are wishing to replace our original seat/couch with something more comfortable.



Thank you

I replaced my couch in our 3010 with a lay z boy love seat. I went with the James lazy boy collection. It was the right width. Really comfortable. I believe the model # is 480521 RE 994767. You will need to extend the slide floor to get full recline.
__________________
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:44 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
When you say "extend the slide floor", is that different than just putting out the slide?
__________________
Rossriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eagle Wisconsin
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossriley View Post
When you say "extend the slide floor", is that different than just putting out the slide?

Yes, what I did was to make the slide floor bigger by 6 inches in depth to accommodate the full recline of the lazy boy love seats. By doing that we get the full recline, without the back of the love seat will hit the outer wall of the slide.
__________________
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Rockin M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 25
rekwiat, you comment about extending the slide floor is consistent with friends of ours who also has a 3011DS and added recliners. My friend said he was able to purchase a piece of carpet that was almost identical to what is under the couch to cover the added piece of wood. Thank you
__________________
Barry & Donna
2014 Forester 3011DS
2013 Chevy Equinox
Rockin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eagle Wisconsin
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin M View Post
rekwiat, you comment about extending the slide floor is consistent with friends of ours who also has a 3011DS and added recliners. My friend said he was able to purchase a piece of carpet that was almost identical to what is under the couch to cover the added piece of wood. Thank you

Yup, got my carpet from Home Depot. Was on a stock roll and it's a match😄
__________________
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:33 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Garrette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekwiat View Post
Yes, what I did was to make the slide floor bigger by 6 inches in depth to accommodate the full recline of the lazy boy love seats. By doing that we get the full recline, without the back of the love seat will hit the outer wall of the slide.

Thinking about replacing my jack knife with 2 euro swivel recliners. When you get a chance can you post pic/sketch on your slide extension?
Thank you in advance.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eagle Wisconsin
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Thinking about replacing my jack knife with 2 euro swivel recliners. When you get a chance can you post pic/sketch on your slide extension?
Thank you in advance.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Don't have a sketch, but I made the extension from aluminum angle stock and welded it to give me a 6 inch extension of the slide depth. I made the width the same dimension as the slide floor. I determined the 6 inch number after I had the love seat in place so that I could determine the number that gave me the full recline. I hope that this helps. Now all I need to do is sell the couch that I removed😄
__________________
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:38 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NJ
Posts: 500
Does anyone have any idea on what the standard couch weighs on a 3011? When the time comes to replace it I'd like to keep the weight to something about the same or less.

RVr
__________________

__________________
newRVer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
replacement

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.