Old 03-18-2019, 08:47 PM   #1

Replacing carpet around the bed in a 3011DS

Anyone out there replaced carpet in bedroom area. I was wondering if the pad or any part of the carpet, along the edges, is glued down. Are there tack strips? I didn't want to start pulling it up until I know I can handle the replacement.

Edrps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:14 PM   #2

I replaced ALL of my carpet in our 3011DS. None of the carpeting is glued or held down with tack strips. It is stapled with a jillion staples.

Once I removed the old carpet (there was no pad) I cleaned everything up and installed the best pad and carpet using staples. I installed a hidden carpet edge strip where it ends at the bathroom and re-carpeted the little night stands. It is now super plush to walk on.

Easy to do but time consuming. I posted pics along the way. Do a search for I replaced the nasty factory carpet

Mach428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach428 View Post
I replaced ALL of my carpet in our 3011DS. None of the carpeting is glued or held down with tack strips. It is stapled with a jillion staples.

Once I removed the old carpet (there was no pad) I cleaned everything up and installed the best pad and carpet using staples. I installed a hidden carpet edge strip where it ends at the bathroom and re-carpeted the little night stands. It is now super plush to walk on.

Easy to do but time consuming. I posted pics along the way. Do a search for I replaced the nasty factory carpet
Thank you. Yep the factory carpet is pretty hideous.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:16 AM   #4

I went to a carpet store (Georgia Carpet Outlet) and bought a large, exceptionally high quality plush carpet remnant for $200 and they gave me the pad. A carpet installer wanted $1500 just for labor!!
Old 03-19-2019, 08:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach428 View Post
I went to a carpet store (Georgia Carpet Outlet) and bought a large, exceptionally high quality plush carpet remnant for $200 and they gave me the pad. A carpet installer wanted $1500 just for labor!!
Is that the carpet store in Dalton? It seems like any work you look to have done in an RV costs double or triple than it would normally. Just like boats.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:40 AM   #6

No, it's a chain-store located in our little City. You are correct that RV labor rates are very expensive, which is why I do 99.9% of my own work

Tags
bed