Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #1

Replacing livingroom 32" TV

I have a 2013 class C Forest River Forrester and I would like to switch out the front TV but I can not figure out how it is even mounted. Has anyone attempted this and have any advise or tips to offer? I've tried pulling & lifting just won't seem to come out. I am also trying to hook up a Tailgater satellite using a Wally receiver from DISH through the converter box but dish receiver only has hdmi out. Has anyone done this, if so how? Would like cable channels available to anyone of my 3 tvs ? Not sure I can run receiver through tv converter box at all, ideally I need hdmi to coaxial cable ?
topgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:33 PM   #2

My 2016 unit lifts straight up but it takes some wiggle to get it. Does the ally have rca outputs also? If so use a rf modulator.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #3

Thx for your input, I'll look into the modulator.
topgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #4

Push from the bottom and then pull! Please let me know what you replace it with i need to do the same.
kitejunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #5

you might want to search the forums regarding the tailgater/wally combo. not certain if you had tailgater & other receiver previously, but in my experience (so far...) wally is VERY temperamental about having ALL 3 SATELLITES in order to work (unlike my 211K - it'd work with just 1 bird!) Make sure you have good signal everywhere you want to use it! I typically don't!
Also having a s/w fluke regarding the search function. It doesn't seem to be all there either.
Modulator is what i use to share the output to other TVs as well.
good luck!
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:57 PM   #6

TV mount

I have a 2013 Sunseeker 310 des and the big TV in the front to get it off you put it straight back and then left the bracket on the back of the TV for when you slide it down falls into matching depressions in the back of the brackets that hold up there you have to clear that before you can lift it off
KAWJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo