Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #1

Replacing One Control with manual switches

This is my first post. Thanks for having me.

I am about to buy a Forester 2291SF. I understand it is possible to switch out the tablet "One Touch" with regular old switches like we had in the old days. Is there anyone who has done this? I have looked all over and searched many different ways, but do not find anything except a bare mention of doing it.

I understand every function except two can be controlled either manually or through the smart phone app, or by awning-remote when the tablet or router or loose wires or hidden breakers render the one control useless. Water heater and water pump, I am told, cannot be utilized while one control is out. Is this true?

People report switches can be used if wires from the router are connected to the switches as a backup. Anyone have a schematic of wiring, or pics from when you did it?

Also, in the 2018 2291SF what brand of slide is it? Also, how do I retract the slide manually?

Appreciate any help you can give. Thanks Michael
cactus bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. If you really don't want the "One Touch" the easiest, and cheapest , solution is to buy a Sunseeker 2290 instead of a Forester. Sunseeker's don't have the "bling" of a Forester but are the same units, built on the same line, with mostly the same components...except the "One Touch" and some trim items.

FR does not provide wiring diagrams to customers so you are on your own trying to replace the "One Touch" with switches. While it can be done it will be time consuming to say the least.

Avoiding "One Touch" is one of the reasons we have a Sunseeker 2500TSF instead of a Forester 2501TSF...
Old 10-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #3

We would also be very interested in the possibility of changing to manual switches from the One Control. It takes so much more time to turn on a light, and I've read to many reports of malfunction while out on a trip. Would really like to change but not sure how to go about it. We have a 2431s GTS. Should have gone with the Sunseeker 2430s. Probably have to find someone local to help with the conversion. Any leads would be appreciated.
Hiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, manual, switch