Old 10-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #1

Rivets for slide

Hey Mr. Clemens Did you get a chance to get size of rivets for the outside slide bracket on 3051s Forester. I know you said 1/4" but what lenght ? Thanks ( I finely got the parts to fix striped slide gear but MH is is now in storage will have to have completed in spring will want to replace all screws with rivets as that whole bracket is part of replacement )

wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
GM

It was an expandable rivet. Next time I'm out there I'll get a picture of one.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #3

Thanks for your help. Cheers
Old 10-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
GM

PM me your address and I'll send you a handful. Looks like we only put 2-3 in the lower section of each side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-30 10.21.30.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	65595  
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 10-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #5

Thank- you have sent pm.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
PM me your address and I'll send you a handful. Looks like we only put 2-3 in the lower section of each side.
As we all know,what is shown are commonly called "pop rivets" and aren't the strongest rivet in shear or tension applications. Also if the tool used to set them isn't set properly,they are even less strong.

If you can use the proper size bolts and nuts IMO that would be a better way to go.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
GM

1. these are just added in addition to another fastener.
2. Bolts and nuts are great but not all that feasible in this application. They are going into aluminum tube. So for a nut and bolt to work you have to go all the way through which puts the nut underneath slide seal.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. these are just added in addition to another fastener.
2. Bolts and nuts are great but not all that feasible in this application. They are going into aluminum tube. So for a nut and bolt to work you have to go all the way through which puts the nut underneath slide seal.
Mr Clemens your second statement has me thinking now. When I called Forest River service dept when I noticed my screws striped out and they told me to install screws inbetween the striped ones untill I could get it to the dealer for repair, when I drilled the bracket to install screws, I did not find aluminum tubing behind fiberglass at opening of slide box.Maybe this is why screws striped out in first place, now to set this straight I installed screws in line with originals. My question is, is the tube right at the edge of the opening and did worker on line just miss the tube or is the tube not close enough to opening for screws to thread into? Any thoughts?
Old 10-31-2014, 08:43 AM   #9
GM

Not sure. When it goes back in to look at the slide gears, have them make sure all those screws are hitting.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #10

Will do that, also was thinking of having them install bracket with screw,rivet,screw,rivet,screw, etc,etc top to bottom using the rivets you are so kindly sending me . Thanks for your help

Tags
slide