Old 05-12-2019, 06:07 PM   #1

RM3150 fridge not cooling

Last year I started having issues with the Dometic RM3150 fridge in my 3011 RV. The unit was not cooling correctly and did not reach a cold enough temp in the fridge although the freezer worked fine. Also, the temp display on the fridge was consistently showing temps 8-10 degrees higher than the inside temp measured by my wireless temp gauge.

I got through the season and did some troubleshooting a few weeks ago and found that the thermistor was measuring about 2K ohms less than what it should be at both warm and cold temps. So a few days ago I finally replaced the thermistor with a variable version (SnipTheTip) and started the fridge. This morning the temp gauge on the fridge showed 32 (which matched the setting on the thermistor dial).

Before installing the new thermistor I was wondering if somehow it also was used for the fridge temp display. I.e. the temp gauge on the fridge approximated the temperature by measuring the ohms across the thermistor and displaying a temp reading that correlates to the amount of resistance through the thermistor. However when I change the thermistor up or down the temp display on the fridge, so much for my theory on how the fridge temperature display works.

So my question now is, does anyone know if there is a separate temperature sensor somewhere in the fridge, and if so, where might that be?

RVr
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, fridge