Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #11

Road Test Completed

I road tested my #3051S today on the Interstate.

Specifications for Test
Roadmaster Reflex Steering Stablilizer installed (removed factory damper)
Tire pressure front: 75 psi
Tire pressure rear: 80 psi
Air springs: 70 psi (both)
Water tank 1/3
Gasoline tank 2/3
Compartments full with normal gear
NOT towing

The RV drove straight with no wheel pull either left or right. There was no need to constantly steer to maintain your traffic lane. It was comfortable and handled well for many miles. My speed control was set to 60 and then 65.

This was a major improvement from the 70 miles I drove from the dealership to my residence on the Interstate. The tire pressures were not set and the air springs were at a much lower pressure. Plus, the new Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer was not installed.

I am very happy now with the handling of my new Forester #3051S E450. Tuesday, it goes to my local Ford Service Center for an alignment check.

Tim
Fort Myers, FL

Old 06-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #12

Alignment at Ford Dealership SLOW!!

Dropped off my RV #3051SF last Tuesday at my local Ford Service Center. They are a large dealership (Sam Galloway Ford of Fort Myers, FL) and have been in business since 1929.

My E450 is on a waiting list for the alignment in a bay designed for RVs and all Ford Trucks. This is taking much longer then just a few days. As of last Saturday, I had three other vehicles still in front of me. Thursday, morning I will be picking up my RV no matter if the work gets completed or not.

I am comfortable with the handling of my RV but was willing to get the alignment checked.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
GM

Funny, seems to be a different world outside of Elkhart county. There seems to be a sense of urgency in this town.

Our local shop here (not a Ford dealer) that does the alignment for a rental company we deal with pounds out 18 a day at their peak.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #14

Alignment Completed by Ford

Received my #3051S on Thursday morning from the local Ford Service Center. The alignment was completed and no adjustments were required. Cost $143.68

attached document with specifications

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1-37_edited-1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	32512  

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:08 PM   #15

Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer E450 Ford

Can anyone tell me more about the Roadmaster e450 steering stabilizer? I have a 2016 Forest River 3172 class C motorhome. I am planning a long trip and am wondering 1st, if it helps with wander on the highway? And 2nd if I would need a front end alignment upon installing the unit. The RV only has 3200 miles.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #16
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

I put the Roadmaster steering stabilizer on my 3010DS last year and have never regretted it. Maybe 30 minutes work and a LOT of piece of mind!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:40 AM   #17

Absolutely amazing how many band-aid suspension fixes there are out there for the Ford chassis, and the amount of money owners spend to TRY to make them more manageable on the road.

Now
Foretravel A, Forester C 2551

Why ?...Why not ?
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dks236 View Post
Can anyone tell me more about the Roadmaster e450 steering stabilizer? I have a 2016 Forest River 3172 class C motorhome. I am planning a long trip and am wondering 1st, if it helps with wander on the highway? And 2nd if I would need a front end alignment upon installing the unit. The RV only has 3200 miles.
Have you ever had a front end alignment? Forest River pays for the first one, since the original alignment settings are the Ford settings and are not suitable for motor homes. I'm not sure there is a time limit on them paying for it, but they recommend doing it at 2000-3000 miles. We had the Roadmaster RSSC steering stabilizer installed at the same time as our alignment and it has improved handling stability quite a bit.
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:06 PM   #19
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
Absolutely amazing how many band-aid suspension fixes there are out there for the Ford chassis, and the amount of money owners spend to TRY to make them more manageable on the road.
Other than the front end alignment, pray tell, what SHOULD be done that isn't a band-aid fix?

From what I'm reading on the forums, the alignment should be done between 2000-3000 miles. Not having that many miles on my Sunseeker and only driving less than 200 miles round trip to our favorite campground, I knew it would be 2017 before I had the recommended mileage for an alignment. Therefore, I put on the RRSS, and like I said, have not regretted a minute. I figure it could only enhance an alignment once one is done.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #20

Had my 2017 Forester 2861 DS done last year ....WoW what a difference. It cost me around $140.00 that included everything. I think I had around 1500 miles on it.. it was way out of alignment. If you have Ford to do it , they have Ford specs that they go by. That is what I heard ... This year is going to be the Reflex Steering Stabilizer and maybe a 2nd alignment. Those Michelin tires is it cheap. Good luck everyone. Safe journeys.