Old 05-29-2016, 11:06 PM   #91

Red face How are you checking the clearance lights?

I'd like to check the clearance lights on our 3171, but I am wondering what is the best way? Lay on the roof? Stand on the hood? Use a ladder off to the side?

Thanks!

Old 05-29-2016, 11:12 PM   #92

I can easily say that buying a new $75,000 project motorhome is the worst financial decision I have made in my 52 years. I hate looking at the thing. It just brings head and heartache every time I look at it. Thinking of how I can rid myself of it without losing too much money. The last thing I set out to do when buying it was taking on and engineering and repair project. I work hard enough to earn a living. I though let's take some well deserved time off and spend some time with the kids before they go off to college. Well, thanks to the losers who "work" at Forestriver and put **** out the door all my plans are shot. I have a leaky moldy motorhome that the dealers don't have time to work on, the manufacture has put as little effort into helping me to repair as possible. I have lost $15,000 on it so far if I can find a sucker to give me $60,000 for it. I've bought used motorhomes, airplanes, motorcycles, snowmobiles, and never, I mean never have I bought something so disappointing!! If I can help someone, anyone from making the same mistake at least I can feel good about that!

Old 05-29-2016, 11:33 PM   #93

Theboyss, I would contact Motorhome Magazine. They have a service for folks who have a persistent, unaddressed problem and are looking for a last resort solution. I believe that they require you to contact them by mail and send along a detailed history of your troubles. They will then approach the manufacturer on your behalf in order to provide a solution. They seem to almost always get results since no manufacturer wants to see their product appear in this column of a national RV magazine. To find out the details you can pick up a copy of the magazine at a library or contact them directly to find out the details of how to proceed. Good luck! BTW, I am also rethinking my upcoming purchase of a Forest River RV.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:37 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixey View Post
I'd like to check the clearance lights on our 3171, but I am wondering what is the best way? Lay on the roof? Stand on the hood? Use a ladder off to the side?

Thanks!
I find it's best from the roof. Lay on the roof face down over the cab. Very easy to get to from there.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixey View Post

Thanks!
I started off with an 8' painter's ladder and checked the outside ones. Then went on the roof and laid on my stomach and checked the 3 center ones. I brought up a rubber mallet and a block of wood and tapped them in a little until the chrome ring was tight. Only 2 were loose, the passenger side one that's in the photo and one of the center ones. The other 3 were tight, but I gave them a little tap each for good measure. Going to check twice a year from now on.
I have always been concerned about cabover leaks as I had my front facing cabover window in my Winnebago leak at the upper corner and cause the luan to swell producing a 1"x3" delamination. Removed the window and found Winnebago didn't center the window in the opening and only the edge of the butyl tape and caulk were preventing it from leaking. The frame was right on the edge of the opening. I'm glad most class C's no longer come with them!
No one has complained about side window leaks which is good. So it's clearance lights or seams.
2016 Camping 11 trips 33 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:02 PM   #96

I feel really bad for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboyss View Post
I can easily say that buying a new $75,000 project motorhome is the worst financial decision I have made in my 52 years. I hate looking at the thing. It just brings head and heartache every time I look at it. Thinking of how I can rid myself of it without losing too much money. The last thing I set out to do when buying it was taking on and engineering and repair project. I work hard enough to earn a living. I though let's take some well deserved time off and spend some time with the kids before they go off to college. Well, thanks to the losers who "work" at Forestriver and put **** out the door all my plans are shot. I have a leaky moldy motorhome that the dealers don't have time to work on, the manufacture has put as little effort into helping me to repair as possible. I have lost $15,000 on it so far if I can find a sucker to give me $60,000 for it. I've bought used motorhomes, airplanes, motorcycles, snowmobiles, and never, I mean never have I bought something so disappointing!! If I can help someone, anyone from making the same mistake at least I can feel good about that!
It sounds like we are a lot alike (except for the motorcycles). My MH problems were minor in comparison. If I were you, I would do as the other poster suggested and if that fails to get you the results you want, hire an attorney.

If FR had any decency (or frankly any sense), they would be giving you your money back tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #97

To THE BOYSS we got a brand new 2016 sunseeker by forest river c class last weekend.. Rained pretty good midweek here in Wilmington nc... Friday we loaded it up and when I put in drive... I got an unexpected shower... EXACTLY the same problem you described.. Even water pouring out of corner channel behind the passenger door.. I'm a contractor/master carpenter.. Told my wife It could be caulking.. Read your post, so now I'm convinced that's it... My concern, as is yours, interior/unseeable damage.. My theory is, yes, we have a big problem. Foam Insulation in the panels that gets wet will expand, thus future seam pops in panels.. I'm not a happy camper ( no pun intended).. Got ours at camping world myrtle beach SC.... I will be a thorn in their side for sure... Our problem is that is a 2hour drive each way.. They won't reimburse fuel, wear and tear from the excessive trips this will take.... A real bummer.. Good luck!
Old 06-12-2016, 02:24 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travrooks View Post
To THE BOYSS we got a brand new 2016 sunseeker by forest river c class last weekend.. Rained pretty good midweek here in Wilmington nc... Friday we loaded it up and when I put in drive... I got an unexpected shower... EXACTLY the same problem you described.. Even water pouring out of corner channel behind the passenger door.. I'm a contractor/master carpenter.. Told my wife It could be caulking.. Read your post, so now I'm convinced that's it... My concern, as is yours, interior/unseeable damage.. My theory is, yes, we have a big problem. Foam Insulation in the panels that gets wet will expand, thus future seam pops in panels.. I'm not a happy camper ( no pun intended).. Got ours at camping world myrtle beach SC.... I will be a thorn in their side for sure... Our problem is that is a 2hour drive each way.. They won't reimburse fuel, wear and tear from the excessive trips this will take.... A real bummer.. Good luck!
Which model and can you take photos of exactly where it leaked into?
2016 Camping 11 trips 33 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:59 PM   #99

Roof leak at front cap on 2016 3101ss

I see you found the hidden front cab shower - all joking aside if you can find the leak post some pictures - also if you are in construction you could fix any issues yourself if the dealer will not - I had to fix my front cap roof and it wasn't too terrible
Old 06-12-2016, 03:30 PM   #100

Roof leak at front cap on 2016 3101ss

I would be worried about mold growing in the unseen areas where the water sat and soaked into things.

http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/image/NCTNVAsm.jpg
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, roo, roof