Old 09-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #171
Class C Representative

Mike Jankowski would be a good next step.

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #172

Our unit leaked as well, around the front cap seam and the window above the passenger side door. The nose cap also has cracks in the fiberglass and I suspect one of the oval lights is leaking. The front cap looks somewhat twisted and water was being released on the bottom strip of the cap on the passenger side. I have used eternalbond all over the roof. My side roof screws were exposed without any dicor. I was just wondering if the person that mentioned the idea of someone sleeping in the cab over bunk is a common thread. I do sleep there and I weigh 195. Are others with this problem using the cab over bunk as sleeping quarters?

Old 09-18-2016, 05:39 PM   #173

I was using the cab as sleeping quarters but the two kids might have weighed 100 lbs combined! Should not advertise it as a bed if they don't mean it! Sticker says 400lbs maximum. We both had a long way to go.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #174

And Mike Jankowski and his department do not return phone calls! It's very frustrating as a consumer. Thought I was buying into a good company! Maybe they're all the same. Once they have your money they move on to the next one.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:36 PM   #175

Just put your head in the sand and use your motorhome

Hello all, I started this thread months ago. I've talked to Joshua and Mike and short of taking my motorhome back to the factory for months of questionable repairs I've decided to just use it. I've added more dicor to the problem areas to stop any more water from coming in. I inspect it every time we take it on a trip so far its held up ok. The inside particle board storage bins in the cab over have water damage. They have swelled up and the wood look coating has some cracks. But instead of screwing around with repairing their poor design issues i've decided to just use the damn thing for a few years and send it down the road. We have taken on the costs of storing it inside to prevent more leak damage. Our roof edges are loose by the wall. I talked to Mike J. about this and he said its designed that way to prevent cracking as the motorhome will flex going down the road. I don't trust any of these people any farther then I can throw them but this does make sense.
I think the way to look at class C motorhomes or maybe all motorhomes is that they are disposable. Use the crap out of them, have fun with your family, take your depreciation hit and move on to the next one. It's as expensive as heck but it's a fact. We used our Coachmen for 5 years put 50,000 miles on it, it started to show its age so we sold it. now we will get 4 years from this Forest River and sell it too. If I dwell on these poor design problems it defeats the purpose of owning a motorhome. There is a reason they don't put these things on a Diesel chassis, the camper part is shot before the chassis is even broken in. Just dope up the roof with dicor, store it inside if you can, inspect the roof regularly and use the snot out of it and make memories with your family.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:25 AM   #176

I think that is good advice.
13STL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13STL View Post
I think that is good advice.
its not a good advice,why spend $80000 0n something that you have to hold together with bubble gum and glue to use it,i was really interested in buying 1 of these units but after reading 15+ pages of complaints ill go with jayco.and maybe you all should get together and call bbb,and maybe start a class action law suit,you are all here ,and they say strength is in numbers
Old 09-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #178

You kind of missed my point. I did lots of research before I bought, and didn't see this as a problem. Knowing now what I know I would not buy another Forestriver product. Unfortunately I did and now I have to live with it. So why spend the next 2-3 years fighting a losing battle against a manufacture that doesn't care and getting upset when I can just use the damn thing educate some other people and move on. What's worse then spending $80,000 on a poorly designed motorhome is to spend $80,000 on a poorly designed motorhome and hate it because it's a nightmare of litigation, time, phone calls and heartache hating the damn thing every time you see it. As I said, stick your head in the sand use the damn thing have fun with the family and send it down the road. O and never buy anything from the manufacture again.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:37 PM   #179

Sad ! I should have kept my TT !
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:52 PM   #180

I wish I would have kept my coachmen with a rubber roof, a way better design!!

Tags
leak, roo, roof