Old 10-23-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
RV newbie...

I recently purchased a 2015 FRF 3171ds back in April and without sounding too lazy I have few quick questions that I was hoping someone knew the answers to off the top of their head...

1) What oil filter and type of oil does the engine use?
2) How many hours before changing the oil on the Conan genny? What type of oil does that use and do I need a filter?
3) When parked in storage for and extended period of time, should I put down the leveling jacks to take some pressure off of the tires/suspension? Will that ruin the jacks?

I appreciate any and all feedback, thanks.

Big Meatball 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:49 AM   #2
This camper has a Ford E-450 6.8 L V10 engine. It takes 6 qts of 5W-20 oil. The recommended oil filter is a Ford Motorcraft FL-820s.

The generator has an air filter but not an oil filter. It takes SAE 30. The initial oil change should be done around 25 hours. Then the oil should be changed once a year or every 100-150 hours.

Big Meatball 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
I would say in storage put down the jacks mainly for stability (for example, against high winds). I don't know if it would help the tires or suspension, but cannot imagine it would hurt the jacks.

Oh, also to level the unit!
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:26 AM   #4
Type of oil and filter mentioned for the chassis engine is correct. Motorcraft products mentioned are all available at Walmart. Changing the oil is easily done without any need to jack the coach up. Drain plug and filter are easily accessible.

I store my RV inside and do not leave the jacks down. I think leaving the jacks down for extended periods exposes the shafts which could cause them to rust or accumulate dirt and dust especially if outside. Rust or dirt on the shafts will stress the seals. If you do leave them down I would periodically coat the shafts with oil and clean them off before raising them after storage.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote