Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2016, 09:27 PM   #1

?s you wished you asked when receiving RV?

My wife and I are upgrading from a Travel Trailer to a 2017 3011ds. As a former USMC motor transport guy I am confident I will be able to operate, run, and maintain a good Preventive Maintenance schedule. We pick up our new rig next week and I am trying to come up with a list of questions to have written down when I pick up so I don't forget anything. I have already thought of things such as manual override for leveling Jacks, winterizing, hr meter for generator since it's on My RV tablet, etc..
Anyone think of suggestions?
Westbound40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:36 PM   #2

Manual slide operation. Fuse locations. Water valves (see them with your own eyes). How to manually operate each device without RV tablet.
Towing 2016 Chevy Sonic LT
TLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #3

Call the dealer and ask them to let you be there when they pull your new MH into their heated bay for the "dealer prep/check all systems before customer pick-up" that they do. That way the P.D.I. will already be done, and as a bonus you'll be able to watch them "winterize" your new coach. I wish that I would've thought of this before we picked up our MH in the winter. Hope this helps. Congratulations on your new Motorhome! Safe travels!

Shaun & Michelle
2016 Sunseeker 3010DSF
Old 12-11-2016, 08:00 AM   #4
Chief tinkerer

Congrats, You will love this rig. Run your awning all the way out and inspect carefully. On our shakedown camp out on our 2017 3010DS, I found a small ice-pick size hole at the front corner about an inch out from the coach. Looked like tooling damage during the install. Pointed it out when we took it back for a few minor warranty items and felt confident they would take care of it. Dealer put some clear liquid patch on it and said FR denied the claim. We were not happy, but since we had already taken it out we were screwed. I would not have taken delivery if I would have seen it during PDI. Now I worry about the eventual rip from that weak spot. Also, if you have a built in GPS, power it up and set a destination in another state when you test drive. Our Jensen kept crashing if you set a destination over 400 miles. We used the phone for the shakedown and it took two trips to the dealer to get it corrected. Replacing the memory and upgrading the operating software fixed it. Lastly, ask your dealer to inflate your airbags to 70psi a week before your delivery. They should still be there when you pick it up. The driver side on ours leaked from 70 to 40 during our 1week shakedown. There was a loose fitting at the top of the bag.
Other than the awning, everything else was just annoying, but taken care of.
Gary

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:50 PM   #5

take a video cam with u

Suggest you check at all operations as there is a lot to learn .
The manuals from the dealer will help but with so many manufactors involved with your unit .. a lot a whole lot to learn.
Before we picked up our unit I purchased a inexpensive video camera and recorded the walk through with the dealer
Having the visual reference was really helpful Also take it on a test drive on the highway so confirm no excessive wind noise
Happy RV ing
stervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #6

Congratulations on your new RV ...safe travels.
wvufan1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:52 AM   #7

Ask them how you are supposed to keep anything on the dash that rattles so bad. Ask them why they used the cheapest materials and ask them for a coverup color for the cupboards and brown walls because it's only paper and really damages easy. Ask them to fix the steps cause they gonna snap on you. ..
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote