Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #1

Sad day........

Hard freeze warning here in Maine tonight so the Forester is now winterized....

Installed the Camco winterizer kit between the pump and fresh tank line. About a 10 minute job, made the task one bottle of pink stuff job. Not a bad price, got it on eBay for $15. I wish the factory had installed one but I remiss.

So.... Goodnight my lovely camper, see you in April!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #2

Just a few finds I wanted to share as I do some work around the unit...

The outside entrance handle with the clear grab: noticed some rust colored water marks under the handle base. I removed handle and found where the clear tube meets the base it was leaking some water into the base. I caulked the clear tube where it meets the base with clear Proflex, placed caulking under the base (none there, allows water to enter base area), and re-installed.

Fresh water fill tubes: lines were cut to long and were wrapped into a birds nest of wires and plumbing under the bed base. When filling the fresh tank it would burp water and air making the task a long process. I cut and removed 4" of the water fill tube and tank vent tube, routed it correctly, and zip tied the mess. Works much better and fills easily now.

Good luck!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #3

We had to do the same thing on our water tank. Took a long time to fill more water coming out at times than going in. Tie wrapped the lines up under the bed and now it works great.
lolasmom is offline   Reply With Quote