Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2016, 06:09 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,466
This is how we handle wind and snow on our trip

All packed and ready to head up to Yosemite. high gusty winds 45+ mph and forecasting snow Wednesday and Thursday when we leave for home we changed plans. This is how we handled it! In the 80's with slight breeze. Trading snow shoes for fishing rod.
Still hope to hookup Sat dish and receiver tonight for first use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	381.0 KB
ID:	99672  
__________________

__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2017 Camping 10 trips 32 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:13 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel,NJ
Posts: 5,021
Great move on your part. Always better warm over cold!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:29 PM   #83
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
All packed and ready to head up to Yosemite. high gusty winds 45+ mph and forecasting snow Wednesday and Thursday when we leave for home we changed plans. This is how we handled it! In the 80's with slight breeze. Trading snow shoes for fishing rod.
Still hope to hookup Sat dish and receiver tonight for first use.
Love the location! Where are you parked?
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:48 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
sgtlm17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,156
That is the best spot I've seen in a long time
__________________
2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Love the location! Where are you parked?
Rincon Parkway, Ventura. CA. $29 a day with a dog? Just a parking spot along the beach 35-40 feet long. Nothing but a trash dumpster every 15 spaces with cars and trucks whizzing by 10 feet away. There are hookup CGs at each end of the 1.5 miles stretch, but no view of the surf and packed in. Oh almost forgot the Amtrack just the other side of the highway. After a day or so you don't even noticed them.
Heading home now before the rain comes in.
__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2017 Camping 10 trips 32 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:39 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
HopHed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Rincon Parkway, Ventura. CA. $29 a day with a dog? Just a parking spot along the beach 35-40 feet long. Nothing but a trash dumpster every 15 spaces with cars and trucks whizzing by 10 feet away. There are hookup CGs at each end of the 1.5 miles stretch, but no view of the surf and packed in. Oh almost forgot the Amtrack just the other side of the highway. After a day or so you don't even noticed them.
Heading home now before the rain comes in.
We're heading there Friday morning for the weekend. Sorry we missed you. Maybe we will see you some time up there.
Best view around.
__________________
1978 Ford Rollalong
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29V
2016 Forester 2861DS (11-13-15)
HopHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #87
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopHed View Post
We're heading there Friday morning for the weekend. Sorry we missed you. Maybe we will see you some time up there.
Best view around.
Lots of spaces as it's starting to rain, decided to have lunch before heading home.

New X1 sat did well Setup quickly and watched 2 hours last night with about 14 amps total draw with extra lights on for security. Placed Sat on small outdoor side table and ran heavy bike cable from Sat security loop to entry door hand rail. Turned on awning lights too. Had window shade open to keep an eye on it.
Easily stored over night on passenger floor. Stowed for travel under dinette seat. Only operational setup hustle was inverter as I need to permanently wire it and have it easily accessible for sat receiver power cord.
__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2017 Camping 10 trips 32 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:01 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel,NJ
Posts: 5,021
I place mine on the roof, not mounted. That way if trees in the way can put anyplace on roof to hit SATs. Plus I bungie it so wind won't move it and is secure.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
__________________
2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #89
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I place mine on the roof, not mounted. That way if trees in the way can put anyplace on roof to hit SATs. Plus I bungie it so wind won't move it and is secure.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
I thought of that option, but the DW doesn't want me on the roof anytime. Especially trying to climb the ladder and have one hand carrying the dish
But, I do sneak up there when she's gone on occassion!
__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2017 Camping 10 trips 32 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:53 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopHed View Post
We're heading there Friday morning for the weekend. Sorry we missed you. Maybe we will see you some time up there.
Best view around.
I have to wait 30 days now before going back to Rincon because of their rules. Weren't you just there? Must be hard to find a spot on a Friday or do you know something I don't?
Do you surf fish?
__________________

__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2017 Camping 10 trips 32 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.