Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2014, 11:10 PM   #21

Great post, and information, thank you!
Old 12-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #22

Very interesting thanks! My bedroom slide is exactly like this but my living room slide is the ratchet type.

The idea w the living room slide is that as soon as it clicks stop.

Which is just opposite of this. I like the way this bedroom slide works.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #23

Thanks for all the great info! I love this forum!
Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #24

We have a 2014 3051S, as well. Thank you so much for this feed and information!
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #25

Is there some sort of lock for these when traveling? I notice last week some movement when traveling with 6 adults for the day.

lmouhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmouhot View Post
Is there some sort of lock for these when traveling? I notice last week some movement when traveling with 6 adults for the day.

When you bought your unit you should have gotten 3 little white post like things about a foot long. Most people don't know what they are for but you wedge them in on top of the slide to lock it when traveling. Just attach some ribbons to them so you don't forget to remove when opening the slide.

Most people never need them and don't use them.

If you don't have them you could use some short pieces of 2x4s.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #27

I believe that the Scheintek theory (don't know if it always works) is that the slide controller and motors are always powered. They should hold the slide in place (and maybe come on automatically if the slide moves by itself). On the other hand, I can imagine that having a sofa or dinette full of people might be more that the motors can handle...

Anyway, that's why the instructions indicate that the RV should not be moved if unless the controller and motors are online.

Dave
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
I believe that the Scheintek theory (don't know if it always works) is that the slide controller and motors are always powered. They should hold the slide in place (and maybe come on automatically if the slide moves by itself). On the other hand, I can imagine that having a sofa or dinette full of people might be more that the motors can handle...

Anyway, that's why the instructions indicate that the RV should not be moved if unless the controller and motors are online.

Dave
That might explain why the slides are wired to be powered even with the coach battery disconnect switch off.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #29

During the slide instructions part of our PDI we were tol to always run the slide (12') all the way out or all the way in.Do not stop midway and reverse it.When it reaches full in or full out,let it ratchet three times before releasing the button. There are two gear racks under our slide.Do we have a Scheintec system or something else?
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #30

It sounds like a Schwintek, but I think you'd need to confirm that. Schwintek's have a control box, about 4" x 6", that would be mounted somewhere in your unit. I've attached an image of the box from the Lippert (manufacturer) web site.

I have no idea where it might be mounted - mine is in a basement compartment along with the water pump...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	211852.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	67665  
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #31
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
During the slide instructions part of our PDI we were tol to always run the slide (12') all the way out or all the way in.Do not stop midway and reverse it.When it reaches full in or full out,let it ratchet three times before releasing the button. There are two gear racks under our slide.Do we have a Scheintec system or something else?
The Shwintek that we're talking about looks like this:
Old 12-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #32

I just purchased a FR 2861DS. I'm sad to say that the walk-through teaching was very poor. I have a front living room slide and a smaller rear queen bed slide. I can't find much about the slides anywhere in the documentation. How do I know what kind of slides I have and the correct way to handle them as well as to retract them in an emergency? The front slide, has 2 rails underneath but I believe only one motor. There's a vertical bolt/nut with cotter pin in it in the outside compartment below. The motor for the rear slide is under the queen bed. Any explanation and documentation would be appreciated. Thanks.
Russmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Both of those are Lippert (non schwintec slides). Those are typical clutched systems.

manual retraction on those is via a shaft below the slide floor in the front and under the bed in the rear.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #34

Thanks for your reply. I spoke a few times with Jeremie from FR. who helped me quite a bit during the selling process. I appreciated his knowledge and helpfulness.

Regarding the Lippert system, is there any specific documentation with diagrams about the system that could be sent to me? Sorry but so many questions - when running it in and out, stop just when the ratcheting sound starts? Any damage if too much? Specific instructions for emergency use of a socket/drill to run it as they mention in the sparse literature? Routine maintenance and lubrication? None of this is covered in the paperwork or instructions. I really suggest FR puts together a much more in depth manual for their products.
Appreciate the help,
Russ
Old 12-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #35
Commercial Member

We have started to put more things online instead of paper manuals. Things are just updating too quickly these days.

https://lci1.com/assets/content/supp...-slide-web.pdf

This is the Lippert manual on the above floor slide. There is tons of info and videos on their website as well.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #36

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We have started to put more things online instead of paper manuals. Things are just updating too quickly these days.

https://lci1.com/assets/content/supp...-slide-web.pdf

This is the Lippert manual on the above floor slide. There is tons of info and videos on their website as well.
Brian, We are planning a purchase of 3050S next year. My question is will we be getting a Lippert slide or a Scwintek ? Some of the info I've seen here tells me that when retracting or extending the slide you should count to ten after it stops to make sure the motors stay in sync. Is this true with both manufacturers? The info on the Lippert seems to say to stop when the slide stops.
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #38

Does anyone know the location of the the override panel for schwintek on a 3051s?

Scizzorman
lmouhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #39

Under the range, there's a panel with a few screws to remove.
mattnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #40
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
Brian, We are planning a purchase of 3050S next year. My question is will we be getting a Lippert slide or a Scwintek ? Some of the info I've seen here tells me that when retracting or extending the slide you should count to ten after it stops to make sure the motors stay in sync. Is this true with both manufacturers? The info on the Lippert seems to say to stop when the slide stops.
Lippert and Schwintec are one in the same sort of (Lippert owns Schwintec).

Schwintec is an IN-Wall slide design by Lippert. Tale-tale sign is the four aluminum rails that run the length of the side of the slide wall (two each side). There is nothing on the bottom of the slide room...just a blank floor

The other one that we use is a Lippert above floor slide. Tale-Tale sign for that is a double metal rail on the BOTTOM of the slide room. That is driven by a single motor. There will be NO rails on the side of the slide room.

Above floor is clutched. Once you hear the clutch (if not before) you stop.

In-Wall is the one that has a brain and needs to be held so the motors sync.

All 3050's use the in-wall slide design.

Tags
cat, slide