Old 12-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #31
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
During the slide instructions part of our PDI we were tol to always run the slide (12') all the way out or all the way in.Do not stop midway and reverse it.When it reaches full in or full out,let it ratchet three times before releasing the button. There are two gear racks under our slide.Do we have a Scheintec system or something else?
The Shwintek that we're talking about looks like this:

Old 12-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #32

I just purchased a FR 2861DS. I'm sad to say that the walk-through teaching was very poor. I have a front living room slide and a smaller rear queen bed slide. I can't find much about the slides anywhere in the documentation. How do I know what kind of slides I have and the correct way to handle them as well as to retract them in an emergency? The front slide, has 2 rails underneath but I believe only one motor. There's a vertical bolt/nut with cotter pin in it in the outside compartment below. The motor for the rear slide is under the queen bed. Any explanation and documentation would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #33
GM

Both of those are Lippert (non schwintec slides). Those are typical clutched systems.

manual retraction on those is via a shaft below the slide floor in the front and under the bed in the rear.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #34

Thanks for your reply. I spoke a few times with Jeremie from FR. who helped me quite a bit during the selling process. I appreciated his knowledge and helpfulness.

Regarding the Lippert system, is there any specific documentation with diagrams about the system that could be sent to me? Sorry but so many questions - when running it in and out, stop just when the ratcheting sound starts? Any damage if too much? Specific instructions for emergency use of a socket/drill to run it as they mention in the sparse literature? Routine maintenance and lubrication? None of this is covered in the paperwork or instructions. I really suggest FR puts together a much more in depth manual for their products.
Appreciate the help,
Russ
Old 12-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #35
GM

We have started to put more things online instead of paper manuals. Things are just updating too quickly these days.

https://lci1.com/assets/content/supp...-slide-web.pdf

This is the Lippert manual on the above floor slide. There is tons of info and videos on their website as well.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 12-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #36

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We have started to put more things online instead of paper manuals. Things are just updating too quickly these days.

https://lci1.com/assets/content/supp...-slide-web.pdf

This is the Lippert manual on the above floor slide. There is tons of info and videos on their website as well.
Brian, We are planning a purchase of 3050S next year. My question is will we be getting a Lippert slide or a Scwintek ? Some of the info I've seen here tells me that when retracting or extending the slide you should count to ten after it stops to make sure the motors stay in sync. Is this true with both manufacturers? The info on the Lippert seems to say to stop when the slide stops.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #38

Does anyone know the location of the the override panel for schwintek on a 3051s?

Scizzorman
Old 12-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #39

Under the range, there's a panel with a few screws to remove.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #40
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
Brian, We are planning a purchase of 3050S next year. My question is will we be getting a Lippert slide or a Scwintek ? Some of the info I've seen here tells me that when retracting or extending the slide you should count to ten after it stops to make sure the motors stay in sync. Is this true with both manufacturers? The info on the Lippert seems to say to stop when the slide stops.
Lippert and Schwintec are one in the same sort of (Lippert owns Schwintec).

Schwintec is an IN-Wall slide design by Lippert. Tale-tale sign is the four aluminum rails that run the length of the side of the slide wall (two each side). There is nothing on the bottom of the slide room...just a blank floor

The other one that we use is a Lippert above floor slide. Tale-Tale sign for that is a double metal rail on the BOTTOM of the slide room. That is driven by a single motor. There will be NO rails on the side of the slide room.

Above floor is clutched. Once you hear the clutch (if not before) you stop.

In-Wall is the one that has a brain and needs to be held so the motors sync.

All 3050's use the in-wall slide design.

Tags
cat, slide