Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #1

Selling Forester 3171DS

Thank you to all the great posters here who have offered great advice over the last two years. A recent promotion and ever increasing level of responsibility (I guess that's a good and bad!) will limit my ability to travel.

The wife and I have made the tough decision to sell the Forester and go to a seasonal site with a travel trailer park model (still get to camp at least!).

So thank you forum members, the Forester has been a great unit, one of the best I've owned. If you know anyone looking for a great family Class C send them my way! Selling below book, not looking to make a killing and priced for a quick sale.

I will keep visiting the forum, just in a different section
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Phat Phrog

Good luck and great success in your new responsibilities! I love the Park Models and think they are very homey!! Congrats on that as well!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #3

Thank you RVChick - it's bitter sweet as we have been to New Mexico, Amish Country, The Grand Canyon, and more with this Class C!!!!

However, I am confident another owner can enjoy it as much as we have. Some people have suggested "parking" the Class C and use it on the seasonal site but these things really are intended to drive and move.

Have a great day and thank you for the warm wishes!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #4

Looing for a 3171ds

Greetings,

My family is shopping for a 3171ds model. Can you please give me some information on yours? Where are you located?
Thank you.

Chris
Sjbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #5

Chris - I sent you a private message as I'm not sure if they allow actual "for sale info" on postings.

Whether you buy or not, you can't go wrong with this floorplan. ALso, the factory is great for helping with questions or parts. I can't say enough good about this forum and the Factory/unit.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

There is a for sale/classified section on this forum...you're thinking of that other RV forum.

You could ask a moderator to move this thread or repost in the classified section.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:27 AM   #7

Thanks, I found the classifieds section shortly after posting.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
Thank you to all the great posters here who have offered great advice over the last two years. A recent promotion and ever increasing level of responsibility (I guess that's a good and bad!) will limit my ability to travel.

The wife and I have made the tough decision to sell the Forester and go to a seasonal site with a travel trailer park model (still get to camp at least!).

So thank you forum members, the Forester has been a great unit, one of the best I've owned. If you know anyone looking for a great family Class C send them my way! Selling below book, not looking to make a killing and priced for a quick sale.

I will keep visiting the forum, just in a different section

i had a park model trailer on sesonal site(but all year) for about ten years-then sold it
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
i had a park model trailer on sesonal site(but all year) for about ten years-then sold it

what i meant to add based on my experience you would be better to keep forester and put it on the site. maybe move once a month for a drive and then hook back.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #10

Gerry - if it doesn't sell that's an option. My heartburn is the unit is intended for frequent use as motorhomes don't do well sitting. In addition, it's tough to justify the investment in a motorhome sitting when a park model can be had for half the cost.

Thank you!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
Gerry - if it doesn't sell that's an option. My heartburn is the unit is intended for frequent use as motorhomes don't do well sitting. In addition, it's tough to justify the investment in a motorhome sitting when a park model can be had for half the cost.

Thank you!
i had a 40 foot kroft park model-for 10 years. you feel a need to get out to the park model the same way. after a while you feel as if you have to use it.

if you park your forester their then during the summer months can sometimes take it to other places for change of pace then repark at site.

you've already bought the forester-if i remember you bought it from that dealer in michigan for great price. if you keep it in shape you can use it in future

after i sold the park model and site-which i owned-i did not buy another rv. i am looking now because i am going to retire and have the time. rv's when you do not have alot of time to use them are a lot of money that sits.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #12

Thank you for the advice Gerry - happy camping!