Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #1

Question shower handle in 3051s

Just finished showering in 3051s and noticed that the handle does not have a shut off on it,have to shut water off at taps when soaping up,so you have to adjust water temp every time turn water on again. Anyone know if able to purchase handle with water shut off built in to it?
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #2

Yes, you can. Check your dealer or Camping World online or AdventureRV.com.

I'd expect your camper should have it from the factory.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #3

Our 2014 3010 has a shutoff on the shower head. Works real good!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forumsr
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #4

If you're handy with some tools you can go and take the original mixer valve out and replace it with one that has an anti scalding disc which can be adjusted to the preferred temperature. That way you can open wide without getting burned and then just shut it off while applying soap.
The problem that many people have with the shower shutoff is that the mixer valve remains open, hot and cold water mix and when you open it to rinse off you get either a dose of piping hot or ice cold water initially.
Just a suggestion .
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
If you're handy with some tools you can go and take the original mixer valve out and replace it with one that has an anti scalding disc which can be adjusted to the preferred temperature. That way you can open wide without getting burned and then just shut it off while applying soap.
The problem that many people have with the shower shutoff is that the mixer valve remains open, hot and cold water mix and when you open it to rinse off you get either a dose of piping hot or ice cold water initially.
Just a suggestion .

Have not experienced that so far.

rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
Commercial Member

That's weird, I think they should all have shut offs on them. We only buy one style.

Post a pic???? I'll make sure we're not getting the wrong part.

PS. I have made contact with Oxygenics. I have a sample coming and if it is the "cat's meow" like everyone claims we'll see about making it standard. The engineer is going to test it in his trailer.

My only concern is their shut off does not completely shut off (by design) it trickles out in a tiny stream to prevent scalding. I just don't want those calls saying its broken.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #7

It will be interesting to find out what your engineers think. I almost bought a Oxygenic, but didn't because I was concerned when they said it did not shut off completely. So, I hope you let us know the outcome . Thanks !
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
That's weird, I think they should all have shut offs on them. We only buy one style.

PS. I have made contact with Oxygenics. I have a sample coming and if it is the "cat's meow" like everyone claims we'll see about making it standard. The engineer is going to test it in his trailer.

My only concern is their shut off does not completely shut off (by design) it trickles out in a tiny stream to prevent scalding. I just don't want those calls saying its broken.
We got one of these and my wife LOVES it. She can actually get the shampoo rinsed out of her hair. It does trickle a bit when shut off, but not much. The trickle does as intended to help keep the water temp consistent when turning it back on. Well worth the $.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekwiat View Post
Have not experienced that so far.

The issue was discussed in another forum a while back. When pushing the shutoff button it leaves the mixer cartridge in an open position and if someone during this time flushes the toilet or opens another faucet
it creates a pressure imbalance in the system and allows a small amount of water to enter the lower pressure side of the system, which will then cause an initial burst of hot or cold water to come out of the shower head. Of course nothing should happen if nobody messes with water when this button is pushed. Remember this is the same what happens in spring when the camping season begins and people have problems getting their water heater to work, it is because the bypass valve is left open and allows hot and cold water to mix. The water in the tank is still hot but the open baypass valve lets mostly cold water through.
My apologies for this lengthy post.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #10
Jack of All Trades

bclemens

The Oxygenics is better than a "Cat's Meow". The first one I got never made it into the TT - I installed in the house, and DW and I refused to remove it, it was so good. I had to buy another for the TT.

The supplied shut-off doesn't completely stop the flow, there is a constant drip to a very tiny stream, as you said, to prevent scalding. Many times if you do shut the flow off completely, due to water pressure and such, you'll get a blast of ice cold or blazing hot water when you turn it back on. I take advantage of that tiny flow to re-wet body parts or the bar of soap.

I did replace the shut-off valve Oxtgenics supplied, as it was a round twist to activate ring, that was difficult to grasp and turn with wet and soapy hands. I bought a shut-off valve at the big-box store that had a easier to use handle. And, I mounted it on the faucet, as I found it was easier and more convenient to operate there rather than on the Oxygenics handle.

Just my experience, take it or leave it.

Rick
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #11
NELA

It's not only the cat's meow, it's the cat's pajamas!

We installed one in our former V-Lite (which we traded after 8 months) and would have removed it before trade but couldn't find the original shower head. grrrrr So off it went to the new owners!

Bought a second one before we even left the dealer's lot with the 5er.

The small trickle re the shut off doesn't bother us in the least.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #12

One of the first modifications I made, was to install a Oxygenics shower head. Saves water, increases water pressure, or leastgives the allusion of more water pressure.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #13

This Head and this shutoff valve! Total shut off,no scalding,works with (Soapy Hands)! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4147.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	58334   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4146.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	58335  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:03 PM   #14

Purchased our 3051S a year ago (2013 model) and it did NOT have a shutoff in the shower handle. We had to spend about $20 for a new handle from Camping World. I would have thought that RV's should come with the shutoff as our old towable had this feature.
dcogs15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:31 PM   #15

hey bclemens out on the road now will post pic when get home , on my handle there is only one lever and it changes the flow pattern only doesn't shut off flow. Cheers.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapiniii View Post
One of the first modifications I made, was to install a Oxygenics shower head. Saves water, increases water pressure, or leastgives the allusion of more water pressure.
X2. I thought it was a gimmick but this is the 2nd RV I've had one installed on.

On the water shut-off, every RV I ever had - the showerhead water shut-off "leaked" water when off. My thought is that this is by design to allow hot water to continue to mix rather than go from scalding to cold. Even the outside shower doesn't completely shut off.
I find that the Oxygenics does a better job of maintaining the temp than the previous showerhead when switched from off to back on.
In this coach I also notice that the water heater is much closer to the shower so the line run may also have something to do with it.
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

Name:	rv problems 007.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	60381

Name:	rv problems 008.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	60382bclemens here is pics of my shower handle with no shut off just lever to change flow . This the way it came from factory.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #18
Commercial Member

anything on the actual taps?

Old 08-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #19

Only thing on tap is to divert water from spout to shower handle.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #20
Commercial Member

I have an email into purchasing to see if something changed.

Tags
305, show, shower