Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2016, 05:57 PM   #1

Signed on the dotted line...now a question

Bought a new Forester 3011DS yesterday. Take delivery next week, waiting for dealer to add some things we requested and fix a couple of small issues we found crawling all over it.

Question while I'm waiting: It has the fiberglass roof. I know about rubber roofs (two trailers and a motorhome) so was wondering what is involved in maintain the fiberglass roof? Any special cleaning requirements? Does it need sealed (just around vents and air conditioner) every so often? If so, how often is every so often?

I'm sure I'll have other questions but right now just trying to keep the drool from smearing the ink in the brochure.

Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:02 PM   #2

The joy of a fiberglass roof is clean it occasionally, check all penetrations through the roof that have sealant around them for cracking or other signs the sealant needs touch up and that is pretty much it.

2014 Forest River Sunseeker 3170DS

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-17-2016, 12:18 AM   #3

Congrats. Welcome to the forum.

I always recommend that new people scour this forum, there is a ton of knowledge here plus hundreds of people ready to help you and answer your questions.

Regarding your roof... Since I have only had a fiberglass roof since 2001, I cannot compare the maintenance between fiberglass and "rubber" roofs. For me, I clean the roof each time the RV is cleaned. I try to watch the seams carefully and I will immediately fix any problems. The maintenance is really based on where you live and what type of weather the RV experienc. Out here in the southwest, we can go two to three years before we have to worry about having our seams resealed.
WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote