Old 07-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #1

Slide out alignment

Just picked up our 2016 Forester 3171DS this weekend. To me the slides are way out of alignment when closed. Have not measured it but I bet it's over an inch different from top to bottom. I did not check them when they are all the way out. Guy at PDI said that was normal. I would think not. Anyone know what the allowance is? At what position should I measure them? Going camping this weekend. After that I plan to call dealer about adjusting it.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:24 PM   #2

Sounds like slides are out of adjustment. Don't let dealer BS you, they can be adjusted.

Mike Tav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:07 PM   #3

They are out of alignment. Been there done that. It is not normal and you are not getting a good seal when closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
lmouhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #4

Here are the numbers.

It has gotten better after opening and closing it just 4 or 5 times. What do you guys think. Should I wait a long longer before making an appointment?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	84024  

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #5

We have a 2015 3011DS that we got in March and it has a noticeable 1-2" difference with the amount of spacing on the living room slide when it's closed.

There is a bigger gap on the front lower potion of the slide. The top front is pretty snug and the rear top and bottom are both pretty snug.

This seems to explain why the last time I put the slide out the wood trim caught on the mirror hanging brackets and pulled the trim away from the entire left side of the slide and snapped the top trim piece along with pulling the mirror brackets out of the wall. I don't think the slide moved out evenly and because of the angle it was opening it caused damage.

You would think I would have been able to stop the damage before it happened but I was watching the entire slide and not specifically looking at that side of the slide. By the time I realized what was happening the wood trim had pulled away and the mirror bracket had been pulled out.

This is the first I've heard of the slides being able to be out of adjustment and I didn't know it was something to watch for. As a first-time owner I'm learning as I go and feel like I know a lot but there's always something more to know. Had I known to watch this I would have noticed it sooner and not caused the damage that I did.

Tags
alignment, slide, slide out