Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #1

Slide out question

Have 3051s with one long slide on driver sides scwintec slide. Noticed on last two trips lower front track seems to have moved out about 1 inch during travel. I have done the things folks and factory have recommended for zero point but still moves out one inch at bottom track on front of slide. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Scizzorman
lmouhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:38 PM   #2
Commercial Member

What have you done that they have recommended? Is it moving out far enough that it is not sealing? Pictures?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:24 AM   #3

Brian when I close or open the slide we hold the switch for 7 or 8 seconds after. When the slide is closed it does seal but if you look at the gap on the rear it is about 1/4 top to bottom. Front is 1/4 at top and 3/4 at bottom when closed. Travel down the road for an hour or so and the bottom shifts out an inch or more but maybe only half inch at top. Will shoot pics on next trip. Should slide move at all during travel? Should there be some lock I dont know about to prevent movement? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #4

Imouhot, I have a 3051s also, check the gear track that is mounted on the slide ( thing that looks like a snake) make sure the gears aren't worn, if they are, it could cause the slide to move while you are driving. When you are standing looking at the front end of the slide, the part that way be worn will be on the right end of the rail.Mine is going back to dealer in spring to have that complete gear assembly replaced for the same condition you are having.

PS: must add a big thank-you to FR for covering this under warranty.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #5
Commercial Member

I would make sure you take it in to the dealer or at least get it noted.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:32 AM   #6

I dont understand why this would be worn on a unit less than 8 months old . This would have to be replaced every year?

Old 01-21-2015, 08:54 AM   #7
Commercial Member

"Worn" is probably not the correct term. Broken teeth might be better.

If the slides aren't synced from the beginning, they can get slightly misaligned which could cause some issues. Who knows if they're running the slide in and out properly on the lot.

Either way, take a look at the track. If its missing any teethe on the track, have a dealer note it so there are no questions when you decide to bring it in.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #8

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425338377.073517.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	70568

Old 03-02-2015, 06:21 PM   #9

Sorry Brian still getting tech savvy. There are on teeth messed up on track on top or bottom

Old 03-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #10

No teeth messed up

Old 03-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #11

Same issue. Sitting in service, 13 weeks and holding. Can't get the parts from Lippert, supposedly.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:47 PM   #12
Commercial Member

PM me your VIN and contact info. Let's see if we can expedite things a bit.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #13

What year is your coach?
I have the same problem only it is racked worse than yours.
Since I have had the coach the front has always been racked at least 1/2" from front to back. I followed Schwintek's procedure on synchronizing the slide but never did fix the racking. However, it did stop most of the popping the was occurring with the slide when driving on concrete pavements and bumpy roads. Now my slide is racked at least 1 1/2" between the bottom and top just behind the drivers side.
I have been told that the only way to fix the racking is to remove the slide mechanism.
Upon further inspection the top track is missing some teeth at the very outer edge and the rest of the teeth on that track appear to be distressed.
This will require a new slide mechanism to be installed and I have owned the unit less than two years.
Beachfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #14

I'm having troubles with slide-out on 2014/2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S. Fuse is good! Cannot locate manual crank nut. Looked under dinette....nothing...Any suggestions. It just seems dead.....
sdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #15
Commercial Member

You're posting on a motorhome forum. Most won't know what type of slide is on a Rockwood. You'd get a better response on the Rockwood sub forum.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #16

Yes Im trying to make a trip to dealer to look at but not easy. It doesnt look right sticking out just in one spot and not the other 3. Just doesnt seem like an easy fix

Old 03-13-2015, 02:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachfrog View Post
What year is your coach?
I have the same problem only it is racked worse than yours.
Since I have had the coach the front has always been racked at least 1/2" from front to back. I followed Schwintek's procedure on synchronizing the slide but never did fix the racking. However, it did stop most of the popping the was occurring with the slide when driving on concrete pavements and bumpy roads. Now my slide is racked at least 1 1/2" between the bottom and top just behind the drivers side.
I have been told that the only way to fix the racking is to remove the slide mechanism.
Upon further inspection the top track is missing some teeth at the very outer edge and the rest of the teeth on that track appear to be distressed.
This will require a new slide mechanism to be installed and I have owned the unit less than two years.
Exactly the same as mine, I am having slide mechanism replaced in May once its out of storage. good luck with yours
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #18

What year is your coach and who do you have replacing the slide mechanism? My concern is that there do not seem to be a lot of individuals that have the proper training to replace the Schwintek mechanism. The shop I have been working with had someone trained but he got fired the day after I met with him.
I am also not happy that this thing lasted less than two years.
Is this going to be an on going problem? Is this a design flaw?
I have not inquired about the cost for new parts let alone labor to install them.

Good luck on having your work done. There is nothing that is done in less than three weeks with all the different shops I have dealt with.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #19

Sorry I see where yours is 2014 and probably under warranty. I hope so.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:16 AM   #20

I love my coach, but the slide is definitely under engineered (if that is a word). It is now 14 weeks in the shop, not the dealers fault, Lippert can't figure out what the correct PN to send to the dealer. Really rather hilarious, four months to fix a slide problem. Sure glad I wasn't planning to go south this winter. Again, not the dealer fault, Forest River owns some of it, but definitely Lippert doesn't have their sh*t together.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out