Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2015, 10:07 AM   #1

Slide will not extend

We have a 2014 3011ds and the main living slide won't go out. It goes out a little and then makes the clicking noise like it is all the way out. Any ideas of what might be wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
imavol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #2

Not really, sorry. Sounds like a mechanical bind somewhere.

Make sure that your battery is well charged. Remember that these are 12V systems.
bruceatlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #3

Look up Schwintec slide on google. There are videos showing how the slide works and how to adjust them. There are also threads about the slides on this forum.
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #4

I have had this happen two times on my 3171. My rear slide is a schwintec and it would not click but would just stop. That was a voltage issue. The low voltage put it out of whack and once the batteries had a good charge I had to reset the control module and all was well

My front slide is not schwintec and it wouldn't go out because in the storage compartment below the slide there was a cotter pin that bound up with a wheel cover. It clicked the way you are describing.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverkemp View Post
I have had this happen two times on my 3171. My rear slide is a schwintec and it would not click but would just stop. That was a voltage issue. The low voltage put it out of whack and once the batteries had a good charge I had to reset the control module and all was well

My front slide is not schwintec and it wouldn't go out because in the storage compartment below the slide there was a cotter pin that bound up with a wheel cover. It clicked the way you are describing.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #6

Im obviously not good at posting....somehow I copied a reply that I didn't mean to. Thanks for all the help! It turns out that an outdoor carpet was stuck in the cotter pin in the storage compartment. It's working now!

Tags
slide