Old 05-11-2015, 02:53 PM   #11
Drivestregis

Smile 2014 Solera S here

I use a CPAP. I put it in the cabinet above the bed by the interior wall. Works fine at that spot and is simple to store away and retrieve.
I don't drive as fast as other chaps. At 65 we get around 13.5 to 14 mpg depending on wind. I recently towed 3K lbs on a six hundred mile trip and the mpga dropped to 12.5.
I find the driver seat very comfortable for all day driving. However my wife is a shorty with very short legs and she has to pull the passenger seat all the way up to get her feet to touch the firewall downslope. She enjoys driving the Solera S.
I am thinking of removing the wall adjoining the bathroom up to the shower and replacing the wall with a curtain. This would give more elbow room in the bed and and in the toilet area.
The mattress was very hard, so we put on a one- inch pad and it works fine.
My only problem with the Solera are the back cushions at the dinette table. They are too fat to sit comfortably at the table. I just made some new back ones and will post the mod when I can make the pictures. The new cushions are one and three-quarters wide and are very comfortable. I store the original cushions in the cab for later use.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:48 PM   #12
2012 Solera

Solera "S" mods

Very similar comments - we carry some yoga blocks so my wife's feet can sit on something. Did the bathroom door/wall reduction (pictures below). Also replaced the dinette cushion backs with "thin" versions and store the original cushions in front of the mattress in the overcab bunk area (they fit well and are out of the way). I made thin (1/4 inch) plywood pieces shaped like the original cushions but tall enough to reach down to the seat plywood - so the new thin backs would not slip down behind the seat cushions. I used carpet on the top half's of the plywood to serve as "thin cushions". Picture shows the dog sleeping on the seat - note the pillow we use for "lounging" there. We are very satisfied with both that and the bathroom wall mod. Of note, with the bathroom door and wall mod, we still can use the folding wall if the shower curtains we installed to replace the door/wall doesn't suffice for privacy/isolation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	76695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bthroom2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	76696   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB260462.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	76697  

JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:14 PM   #13

That's all interesting stuff, thanks for sharing!
Old 05-12-2015, 12:21 AM   #14

Smile sunseeker 2400w full wall slide

Just got a new 2400w. At 60 mph we get 12 mpg, hope it gets better with more miles, my last sprinter, a 2009 averaged 15.5
Old 05-12-2015, 12:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by northdakota View Post
Just got a new 2400w. At 60 mph we get 12 mpg, hope it gets better with more miles, my last sprinter, a 2009 averaged 15.5
Yeah no doubt!
Old 05-12-2015, 01:24 AM   #16
TARVIDSON

X2 on JLeising's comments, I love having the extra storage of the bunk. It is too short to be a good bunk but it is great storage. The mattress has not improved on our 2015, get a gel mattress. We got a 3" gel top at Costco for $99, a great improvement over what comes from FR.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #17

Are the "stabilizer jacks" automatic on these MBS rv's, or are they manual?
Old 05-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #18

We added these https://duckduckgo.com/?q=strap+on+c...+mesh+cushions to the pillows for xtra back support during lounging. The overhead bunk is really handy for storage.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #19

2400w

The jacks are electric.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:44 PM   #20

We are full time and looking to buy a 3011DS. We currently have a 25' Tioga Ranger with a corner bed. One of our main reasons for trading is we hate the corner bed. I was in a CPAP (until supplements got me off of it). I put it in the top corner of inside of the bed (shower wall). Also bc we miss a sofa.

Tags
slide