Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #1

Someone Got To Be 1st

O.K. someone has to start this thread, it might as well be me...

I have a 2007 Forester 3161S and love it. Used it all summer and it has been trouble free.

Anyone else have one??

Dan
ishoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #2

nope

had to reply!!
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
RAC

so which thread do we reply to? Is it got to be first for a forrester or 1st to double post?
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #4

Talking Wahoo!

Hey! We just bought a 2007 Forrester (2941DS) RV this weekend! I am so excited! We live in Maryland, and bought it while we were in California. We drove it across the country and loved every minute of it. We are newbies, and we have lots to learn. We've only had "dry camping" opportunities so far, but we're planning on doing the real deal very soon. I think my main fear is emptying the grey and black tanks. We went to a quick little RV class, but I haven't seen this actually done yet. Any advice? Know of any cool places in MD/VA to visit with our teenage boys? Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!!
suebee0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #5

to FRF and CONGRATS on your new rig!

Emptying the tanks are no major. Make sure they are full and empty from dirtiest to cleanest. Black first, galley grey second, shower grey last. The black tank is going to have the largest diameter PVC pipe with the largest handle. The grey tanks have the smaller diameter PVC and smaller handles. If you have 2 seperate grey tanks (some don't) eyeball where the pipes are coming from in relation to where the galley and shower are located to get the dump in the correct order.

I can't help with any places in your area but I'm sure some other folks around here can.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Congrats & welcome!
Use lots of water in the black tank, and it will help.
I always used rubber gloves, and kept soap nearby to aid in self-cleanup.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #7

Thanks so much for the advice. I've been reading through many of the forums, and the RV community seems like such a close knit family!

We do have one little problem with the RV. The back-up camera (or whatever it's called) has a circle of condensation inside of the lens, which makes the viewing very difficult. But, if that's the only problem we have, then I'm happy.
suebee0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredArmyCWO View Post
so which thread do we reply to? Is it got to be first for a forrester or 1st to double post?
New folks just like to get as much coverage as possible and really don't know better.
Why not educate instead of criticize????

JMHO............

Paul B
2004 Twin 2000i Hondas'
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #9

Suebee 0126, your back up camera may have two lenses, the outter lens may be just a protective lens that can be replaced if damaged and saves the real lens that the camera needs. There may be a seal between the two lenses and if so,it may be leaking. I suggest take it to your dealer and get it fixed as soon as you can. This could cause more damage to the camera if it is not repaired.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #10

Thank you Rockwood06. I will get it checked out asap.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:24 AM   #11

You are well come.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #12

The wife and I are getting ready to purchase our 1st motorhome, it's a 2007 Forester 3101ss. I was asking about an inverter and the salesman told me we really didn't need one, but if we wanted it, it would be another $2000. Does this sound right, can I get by without one and is $2000 right??
pappaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:40 PM   #13

you can check this one out we stay here for the nascar race weekend for
Richmond . kingsdominion has a great amusment park
Address: 10061 Kings Dominion Boulevard, Doswell, Virginia 23047

Phone: (800)9-CAMP10 or (804)876-5355
camp@kingsdominion.com
Old 12-16-2007, 12:43 AM   #14
Mostly lurker

An inverter for $2000 would have to be a big one. Of course that would include installation. When we asked to have the microwave to be swapped for a convection/microwave we were given a price of $2000 also. It wound up costing us about $250 plus my installation which took about 3 hours plus finishing the wood trim around it.

So, check out inverters and perhaps get a price from an independent mobile RV tech if you don't want to install it yourself.
davepcpowernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #15

2009 Forester Radio Question

We just took delivery of a new 2009 Forester 3161. The radio in the cab does not match either of the radios described in the Ford manual. We have been trying to set the time but have yet to hit on the right combination. The radio is a Sirius Read AM/FM Single CD with Weather Band. It has a row of double butttons running down the right side. ANy help would be appreciated.
Mike_Peg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:21 AM   #16

We have your brother RV the 2008 Sunseeker 3100SS. Got it in September of 2008 and are very happy with it. Enjoy.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #17

Way back on the posts

Unloading grey and black tanks are easy, just remember to wear disposable gloves!!

=========
On the genset.
Depending on the size and brand $2000 could be a good deal. You need more details.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Peg View Post
We just took delivery of a new 2009 Forester 3161. The radio in the cab does not match either of the radios described in the Ford manual. We have been trying to set the time but have yet to hit on the right combination. The radio is a Sirius Read AM/FM Single CD with Weather Band. It has a row of double butttons running down the right side. ANy help would be appreciated.
I just got a 2010 3121DS, just looked up how to change the time over the weekend for daylight savings. I will dig it out tomorrow and update you.

The radio in the cab is not a Ford stereo, I am actually quite happy with it. We just spent a week in motorhome and traveled about 2,600 miles (loved the Ford chassis) and liked the SD-card feature as well. Our stereo actually has a squeak, I spent quite a few hours pressing on it, it was going to pop it out and see what it was. Came with the U keys to remove it.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I just got a 2010 3121DS, just looked up how to change the time over the weekend for daylight savings. I will dig it out tomorrow and update you.

The radio in the cab is not a Ford stereo, I am actually quite happy with it. We just spent a week in motorhome and traveled about 2,600 miles (loved the Ford chassis) and liked the SD-card feature as well. Our stereo actually has a squeak, I spent quite a few hours pressing on it, it was going to pop it out and see what it was. Came with the U keys to remove it.
How to update the time of the Forester radio:
- make sure unit is on (key turn to acc and power is on)
- press the "display" button until the time is shown
- press and hold the "display" button until the unit beeps and time starts flashing
- turn the volume knob left to adjust the hours
- turn the volume knob right to adjust minutes
- press the display or push the volumne knob in to store

Pretty easy, good luck.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester