Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
Citrus County, Fl.
 
GL1800Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hernando, Fl
Posts: 1,228
Speaker issues overhead and outdoor

Since our out of town family visitors left, I am finally getting around to playing with the audio and video equipment and have a couple of speaker issues that I cant figure out:

1) The outside speakers that are controlled by a switch next to the Fantastic fan control don't seem to work in either position. I have tried with the dash radio, outside TV and radio and inside TV and not getting anything.

2) The overhead speakers work with the dash radio and playing a DVD but I am unable to get anything when viewing just the TV. Our tech that did the PDI tried to help and we booth looked at the Jensen manual but he admited he was nut up to speed with the Jensen set up. On a positive note, the subwoofer works great when watching a DVD. I tested it with Top Gun

One thing I have noticed but it may not mean anything is under setup on the TV, external speakers is greyed out. This applies to both the living area TV and the identical outside TV. It looks like everything is connected where it should be on both of the TV's.

As I get older I also get stupider (is that a word) when it comes to audio/video electronics.
__________________

__________________
2016 Forester 3011DS
2017 Toyota Corolla SE toad
PREVIOUS: 2015 Flagstaff 832IKBS
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
benagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Utah
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
Since our out of town family visitors left, I am finally getting around to playing with the audio and video equipment and have a couple of speaker issues that I cant figure out:

1) The outside speakers that are controlled by a switch next to the Fantastic fan control don't seem to work in either position. I have tried with the dash radio, outside TV and radio and inside TV and not getting anything.

2) The overhead speakers work with the dash radio and playing a DVD but I am unable to get anything when viewing just the TV. Our tech that did the PDI tried to help and we booth looked at the Jensen manual but he admited he was nut up to speed with the Jensen set up. On a positive note, the subwoofer works great when watching a DVD. I tested it with Top Gun

One thing I have noticed but it may not mean anything is under setup on the TV, external speakers is greyed out. This applies to both the living area TV and the identical outside TV. It looks like everything is connected where it should be on both of the TV's.

As I get older I also get stupider (is that a word) when it comes to audio/video electronics.
GL, the switch by the fantastic fan switch, just walking in the coach door at the upper right is the correct switch. Ours works just fine. Nothing special to get it working. There must be a problem with the switch or wiring. Good luck.
__________________

__________________
1968 tent trailer
1985 Jamboree 23 ft
1997 Minnie Winnie 25 Ft
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
Since our out of town family visitors left, I am finally getting around to playing with the audio and video equipment and have a couple of speaker issues that I cant figure out:

1) The outside speakers that are controlled by a switch next to the Fantastic fan control don't seem to work in either position. I have tried with the dash radio, outside TV and radio and inside TV and not getting anything.

2) The overhead speakers work with the dash radio and playing a DVD but I am unable to get anything when viewing just the TV. Our tech that did the PDI tried to help and we booth looked at the Jensen manual but he admited he was nut up to speed with the Jensen set up. On a positive note, the subwoofer works great when watching a DVD. I tested it with Top Gun

One thing I have noticed but it may not mean anything is under setup on the TV, external speakers is greyed out. This applies to both the living area TV and the identical outside TV. It looks like everything is connected where it should be on both of the TV's.

As I get older I also get stupider (is that a word) when it comes to audio/video electronics.
Do you have a cable connected to an audio output on your tv? I do not and cannot route tv audio (ie, broadcast tv) through the overhead speakers. That would be a great thing (and the stereo is capable of receiving that input but mine doesn't have the cabling to do so I don't believe.

>Steve
__________________
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by benagi View Post
GL, the switch by the fantastic fan switch, just walking in the coach door at the upper right is the correct switch. Ours works just fine. Nothing special to get it working. There must be a problem with the switch or wiring. Good luck.
And BTW, it is the dash unit that those speakers connect to.
__________________
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
benagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Utah
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by steverkemp View Post
And BTW, it is the dash unit that those speakers connect to.
Correct.
__________________
1968 tent trailer
1985 Jamboree 23 ft
1997 Minnie Winnie 25 Ft
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 7,098
Make sure you have the balance and fade centered. That would be in the EQ section.

To get the overhead speakers to work on over the air channels you have to turn off the TV speakers and set the speaker level to fixed. We posted a video to our Facebook page and I posted the pdf instructions on here. Search "playing over the air tv over surround sound" (I think)
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:44 AM   #7
Citrus County, Fl.
 
GL1800Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hernando, Fl
Posts: 1,228
Brian, thanks for the info, I found both the pdf and the video. Worked great for the living room set. I printed up the pdf and will keep it with my manuals for future reference.

I tried to do the same with the outside tv by following the instructions from the pdf but the outside radio has no "rear input" under "source". I tried the outside speaker switch in both positions incase it was installed upside down. The radio is a Connexx brand so it may be different than what the pdf shows as the choices under source were "TV" and "Aux In" and neither worked. I will read thru the manual to see if I can find anything and may need to pull the switch and/or speakers outside to see if both are hooked up. The red/white audio cables are hooked up on the outside TV as they should be.
__________________
2016 Forester 3011DS
2017 Toyota Corolla SE toad
PREVIOUS: 2015 Flagstaff 832IKBS
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #8
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 7,098
It will depend if this new outside radio has an audio input like the old one. I would assume it does...but parts like that change due to supply issues all the time.
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
benagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Utah
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It will depend if this new outside radio has an audio input like the old one. I would assume it does...but parts like that change due to supply issues all the time.
We have the 2016 3171DS and the outside speakers will only work with the indash stereo/dvd player.
__________________
1968 tent trailer
1985 Jamboree 23 ft
1997 Minnie Winnie 25 Ft
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #10
Citrus County, Fl.
 
GL1800Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hernando, Fl
Posts: 1,228
So far the outside speakers don't work with anything I have tried. Will pop a DVD in again today and see if they work. Next step after that is to pop the switch cover off and see if it's connected. No screws so it looks like it will pry off. After that I will attempt to see if the speakers are wired up. Also, I have not hooked up to cable tv yet but should be able to stretch a cable from the garage to try it out.
__________________

__________________
2016 Forester 3011DS
2017 Toyota Corolla SE toad
PREVIOUS: 2015 Flagstaff 832IKBS
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.