Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 05:41 AM   #21

I was very surprised the other day while sanitizing the system I found that there was still water in the fresh water filler tube,,, even after the system had been drained ??? Guess I will be blowing that out next fall !!!
In the past I have found water in the filter canister after I have blown the system out using the City water connection,,, and even after removing canister and drying it !!!
Maybe now I know where that water came from ???
But how could that water get past the pump,,, into the canister ???
I figured it had to have drained back from some where ???
Last year it cost me a canister & the unit it screws to,,, + about 3 hours,,, that was after a 2 hour trip to get new unit !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I was very surprised the other day while sanitizing the system I found that there was still water in the fresh water filler tube,,, even after the system had been drained ??? Guess I will be blowing that out next fall !!!
In the past I have found water in the filter canister after I have blown the system out using the City water connection,,, and even after removing canister and drying it !!!
Maybe now I know where that water came from ???
But how could that water get past the pump,,, into the canister ???
I figured it had to have drained back from some where ???
Last year it cost me a canister & the unit it screws to,,, + about 3 hours,,, that was after a 2 hour trip to get new unit !!!

Same happened to us this past winter. After winterizing we thought all was good but when I went to de winterize the canister was laying there in many pieces. Got lucky and found a replacement at Lowes. It screwed right on the existing fitting and was half the price as the original . Different brand and solid white not clear. This winter we will remove it completely after wintering as others are doing . There has been a lot of conversations regarding this problem on another thread.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:42 AM   #23

YES,,, I will be leaving mine unscrewed from now on as I did last time,,, but I left it set under the head unit,,, so it could catch the mystery water when it returned !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote