Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #1

Swivel Seat Brackets for 3011

Had my dealer to check on the possibility of installing the swivel brackets for our 2012 3011. He told me after checking the vin number that they are not available at this time for our unit. They are for some. A little bummed !!
Frank & Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:22 AM   #2

Check discountvantruck.com for possible swivel bases. I bought from them for my 2012 2300 Chevy. I know the website has options for Fords and Chevys as well as many other items.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #3

Been thinking about modding my seats, i'll have to check out discountvantruck, thanks
big-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevinseve View Post
Had my dealer to check on the possibility of installing the swivel brackets for our 2012 3011. He told me after checking the vin number that they are not available at this time for our unit. They are for some. A little bummed !!

I believe they are not a simple installation in the older units due to the need for modifying the floor area at the front of the coach where it steps up from the cab area. I think the floor was changed sometime in 2013 to accommodate the option.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:14 AM   #5

On the Chevy (2012) the seat is bolted to a pedestal base that has the track for moving forward and back, etc. The swivel sold by discountvantruck.com is a plate that fits between the seat and the seat pedestal. It raises the seat less than an inch. It comes with four bolts of proper strength for an installation like this. You unbolt the seat from its base and insert the swivel and rebolt the seat. Easily done with two people to handle the weight of the seat. I realize it may be different on the Ford, but this swivel does not involve bolting anything to the floor of the chassis--those bolts from the factory stay put. It is designed as an "after-market" item.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
On the Chevy (2012) the seat is bolted to a pedestal base that has the track for moving forward and back, etc. The swivel sold by discountvantruck.com is a plate that fits between the seat and the seat pedestal. It raises the seat less than an inch. It comes with four bolts of proper strength for an installation like this. You unbolt the seat from its base and insert the swivel and rebolt the seat. Easily done with two people to handle the weight of the seat. I realize it may be different on the Ford, but this swivel does not involve bolting anything to the floor of the chassis--those bolts from the factory stay put. It is designed as an "after-market" item.
Interesting I will check to see what they have for our 2012.
Frank & Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #7
Commercial Member

You can get swivel seat peds for Ford and Chevy that will work...just not from Forest River. Our bracket is custom built...slides at a 45 degree angle then turns. But as others have mentioned, that are swivel peds on the market. I can't tell you if they are Ford tested and approved...but they probably could.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #8

Ihave a 2013 3051S and love the idea of a swivel seat. I am a disabled vet with rods in my back making it difficult to get out of seats. Question, can you make both driver and passenger seats swivel? Also was wondering about ballpark price to install?
USNMM1VETERAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #9
Commercial Member

The swivel seat that we offer is not as simple as swiveling while you sit. I'm not sure it would solve your issue, as they are easiest to swivel when out of the seat to add additional seating.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #10

The aftermarket swivels I previously mentioned would probably not work with someone in them. The backs have to turn into the center and may require moving the track forward or back to complete turn. Best done with empty seat and door open.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #11
Commercial Member

that's why we designed ours. Swivel can be done without the doors open....but the lever is towards the back of the seat, slides toward the center of the unit...no way for your legs to pass the dog house while sitting.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #12

Thanks for the help Mr. Clemens. The only thing I don't like about the 3051S is the middle console. When my wife is driving and I want to go stretch it is hard to get out. Thats why i was hoping for a swivel for passenger side more than driver's side.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #13
Commercial Member

That center console does come out. Just lift up on the whole thing. Don't be shy, it snaps out.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #14

Aweaome I will give it a shot. Thanks again.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #15

I removed my console which opens up the area but you loose your cup holders and storage. I found another Econoline console which is smaller and I used it to get cup holders and some storage back. I have a 3120 but it also has a couch up against the back of the passenger seat like the 3050 which limits rearward adjustment of the seat. I designed and build a slide mechanism so I can move and lock the couch back about 10 inches during travel. This allows full rearward adjustment and recline of the seat and made the biggest improvement for easy egress from the seat while traveling. It does cause the couch to overlap into the stairwell but there is still plenty of room to use the coach entry way.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
I removed my console which opens up the area but you loose your cup holders and storage. I found another Econoline console which is smaller and I used it to get cup holders and some storage back. I have a 3120 but it also has a couch up against the back of the passenger seat like the 3050 which limits rearward adjustment of the seat. I designed and build a slide mechanism so I can move and lock the couch back about 10 inches during travel. This allows full rearward adjustment and recline of the seat and made the biggest improvement for easy egress from the seat while traveling. It does cause the couch to overlap into the stairwell but there is still plenty of room to use the coach entry way.

Do you have pic on the couch slide? Wife is disabled and could help in determining which layout to buy. Stuck in the snow for the moment, can't go to the dealer for final review of floor plans in stock.
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #17

rekwiat, about design and rear area of pass seat, that
is why we are purchasing the 3011ds, nothing behind
it and we added the swivel seat.

Phelpo
phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekwiat View Post
Do you have pic on the couch slide? Wife is disabled and could help in determining which layout to buy. Stuck in the snow for the moment, can't go to the dealer for final review of floor plans in stock.

Photos of couch slide attached as well as one of the replacement console. Passenger seat is shown fully adjusted rearward and fully reclined.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snskr 028.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	46494   Click image for larger version

Name:	snskr 026.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	46495   Click image for larger version

Name:	snskr 029.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	46496   Click image for larger version

Name:	van consoles 005.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	46497  
Old 02-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #19

ATVer,

Could you tell me where you found the slimline console? Perhaps a source or part number? I am having trouble tracking one down online. The only reference I can find from Ford is for the entire doghouse cover assembly with the slimline console. Thanks!
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
ATVer,

Could you tell me where you found the slimline console? Perhaps a source or part number? I am having trouble tracking one down online. The only reference I can find from Ford is for the entire doghouse cover assembly with the slimline console. Thanks!

I got it on Ebay. At the time there were a number of new takeouts available but I just checked Ebay and could not find any. I could not find a part number on it and though maybe it was aftermarket. However the issue came up on this forum a year or so ago and Bclemens from FR looked into it with Ford. He found it was a factory Ford part and they were still available at the time but only in Gray. You might be able to find it or another used somewhere. There have been a number of iterations over the years.