Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #21

gand.There is no reason you would/should have to check to see if it was winterized. I guess NM expects you to very pink stuff in all the water lines in all the holding tanks plus the HW heater drained and water filter free of any moisture. Maybe it's don't trust Forest River no matter what they say. Let's hope not.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #22

I called and left 3 voicemails this morning and sent 2 emails to several people but have yet to get a phone call or email in response. I could understand waiting for a phone call back except for the fact that we are leaving on Thursday and this might've been able to be rectified had they called prior to this. We are now out of time to have it repaired before we leave and we will deal with leaking issues, low water pressure, having to turn on the water pump whenever we need water as if you leave it running, it is leaking and god knows what other issues will crop up because of this.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
gand.There is no reason you would/should have to check to see if it was winterized. I guess NM expects you to very pink stuff in all the water lines in all the holding tanks plus the HW heater drained and water filter free of any moisture. Maybe it's don't trust Forest River no matter what they say. Let's hope not.
No I shouldn't have had to double check. If we knew how to winterize and de-winterize, we would've done it ourselves. The problem was it was in THEIR possession when the weather was cold.

I refuse to let their unprofessionalism and bad customer service ruin my trip. We will carry on, have a good time despite the inconveniences.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:53 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Off topic of freezing the water system.

What was the fire caused by? Might be helpful for others to know this.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
Old 01-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #25

I would get it fixed before you leave. And I agree with NM. You have had 10 weeks to get this sorted out. I had a filter canister go once also, in the middle of summer. Sometimes they break on their own for no good reason.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
Old 01-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #26
Class C Representative

As of 4:20 PM today I know of at least two people from our plant who have talked to you today. Both are working to find a resolution.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 01-24-2017, 04:33 PM   #27

Good to hear FR is working with you now. Every coach I ever bought one of the 1st things I did was locate the onboard water and replace it with straight pipe/tubing. We use bottled water for drinking/cooking and use a blue filter on the incoming hose for all else.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:48 PM   #28

Good news. I am happy to say, that I finally received a call back at 4:20 today and it should be sorted out. They are taking care of it and I didn't have to argue about it. It's been a major inconvenience, but in the end, it will be fixed and corrected by them. It's a shame that in todays world there has to be so much legalize. All I wanted this morning was someone to call or email and acknowledge they got my messages and they were working on a solution. Sitting and waiting all day knowing that the clock is ticking until we leave and not knowing if we will have a bathroom and water to use was frustrating and upsetting. But in the end, it is being repaired before we leave, at least the toilet at this point. Thanks Josh for watching the boards and your assistance. Once you said they were aware at least I knew it was being looked into. I will continue to post updates.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #29

We are not sure what caused the fire. It was in the compartment to the left of the door as you face the camper. Our weber baby q grill was in there, and Forest River did take it to the factory to look at to see if it was a manufacturing defect, but it did not seem to be that. Unfortunately, my husband was traveling alone with 3 dogs as I was staying with my sick mom and all of a sudden the smoke detectors started going off and the cabin was filling with smoke. He pulled over as quickly as he could, dogs escaped, running down a major highway. Luckily someone stopped and helped catch them (lesson learned, they will now be tethered, however, they at least got out and didn't inhale the smoke). Fire was put out, my husband was burned on his arm and very shaken. The police officer on the scene was new and young and the spot where my husband got it pulled over was very bad, on a curve and narrow. He said to my husband, "Now that the fire is out, you have 5 minutes to get out of here. Leave all the stuff on the side of the road. We'll have a road crew come and retrieve it" It was all destroyed anyway, but no way to examine any of those items to see what caused the fire. Thank God again, all ended well. This owning a camper though is certainly a lot tougher so far than we thought it was going to be. Whew!@
Old 01-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #30

Glad your finally getting it sorted out. Hope you have a good trip.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #31

Good to hear everyone was ok and that the MH is getting fixed, wonder if the hot water tank or furnace had anything to do with fire, that compartment is right below them.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:24 PM   #32

yup

I have been waiting for my defective rim replacement over a month. Yup its the same ole song and dance from forest river like it always is. I would cut the pex going to that filter, remove the pieces then clamp in a new piece of pex where the filter was.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #33

gandb26

Not sure about New Jersey, but a state fire Marshall would have been your alley in this case, not FR. Your insurance company did no benefit to anyone by paying a claim "deemed not a defect" by the manufacturer. Is this the whole story??
Old 01-24-2017, 07:27 PM   #34
Site Team

This thread is temporary closed for review by the site team.

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-24-2017, 08:16 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

The site team has reviewed this thread. The OP has received help. As stated above this forum is not for resolving vendor disputes, and as such we have decided to keep this thread permanently closed. Please also remember this forum is not owned or run by Forest River.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:42 AM   #36
Site Team

Site Team note: The site team has moved this following post by member to her previous thread as it pertains to the same subject matter. As per the site guidelines, please do not post the same discussion topic more than once or in several areas of the forum. This causes confusion. If you need to add to a closed thread or such, feel free to contact myself or any site team member and we can try to oblige you the best we can within the guidelines. Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandb26 2-07-17

UPDATE: Spoke to Jason in Customer Care and I've been assured I will receive a phone call tomorrow. We will see...

So I'm back on a new thread since they closed the commenting on the prior thread. We had the issue in which our Forester was at the factory for repairs and it was to be winterized and was not. We found out 3 days prior to leaving for our first long trip to Key West. We had issues from it not being winterized. Forest River did jump in and do what they could with the limited time I had prior to our departure. I advised both Dan Evans and Rod Batts from Forest River that everything was not repaired as there was not enough time before we left. We discovered more issues of course while on the road such as the ice maker not working, leaking in the shower and the water pump not shutting off (they were informed of that prior to our departure but there was not time to have the part shipped and repaired before we left). I sent a polite email yesterday to both Forest River contacts for parts and service asking where they would like me to take the RV for service to repair THEIR error of not winterizing. It is now day 2, I sent a polite second email at lunchtime and have left voicemails. Still no response. We are scheduled for another trip in a few weeks. This is really quite frustrating. All I need is an answer as to whether I can continue to use my local mechanic for the repairs or if they need it to go to Camping World. To not call a customer back or respond for 2 full days when it was their mistake, is really unacceptable. Pretty disappointed yet again.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
forest river, service