Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #1

Tinting Windows

We have a Forester 3011DS. Have noticed the windows do not have any tint on them and it gets very hot, as the shades are not dark enough to block out the heat.
We bought a lot of the reflective car shades and have them propped behind the shades when needed.
Has anyone had their windows tinted by a professional? Are there dealerships out there that do it for motorhomes? We are in the Texas area?
lolasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #2

Where I live we have a great guy that tints windows. Me and my wife's family have had many of our vehicles done by him. Anyway my in laws wanted there camper done and he told them that the type glass used in campers shouldn't be tinted because the tint will not stick properly and over time will bubble or peal. I thought this was weird but he was the professional so I didn't argue.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700
Where I live we have a great guy that tints windows. Me and my wife's family have had many of our vehicles done by him. Anyway my in laws wanted there camper done and he told them that the type glass used in campers shouldn't be tinted because the tint will not stick properly and over time will bubble or peal. I thought this was weird but he was the professional so I didn't argue.

We had our 2012 Georgetown 378 TS XL windows tinted.
Cost 500... But love it. Even made coach look better from the outside
So far no troubles
2017 SUNSEEKER MBS 2400W
2013 HONDA FIT SPORT
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psgrandpa1

We had our 2012 Georgetown 378 TS XL windows tinted.
Cost 500... But love it. Even made coach look better from the outside
So far no troubles
I figured someone would have had it done. I thought that might not be right. Maybe he had a bad experience. I would think it should still work all the same.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
phat phrog stunt crew

Maybe he had a bad experience.

maybe he just didnt want to do it either.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #6

We will check into it has to be better than all the heat coming in. Our Mobile Suite Fifth wheel had tinted windows and it stayed so much cooler in there.
lolasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #7

We're an owner of a Forest River Forester 3011 DSF & had our windows tinted by "Black Diamond Glass Tinting." It has help by keeping some of the heat out. We're happy with the job & its fully guaranteed by the professional. They are a Window Tinting Service in Valencia, CA that has been doing business since 1987, specializing in Window Tinting Service, Car Window Tinting, Glass Tinting, Commercial Glass Tinting, Residential Glass Tinting, Window Tinting, Window Security Film, Car Tinting, Auto Tinting Service, and Window Tint. If you need questions answered, they'll be glad to help you... 661-254-7557. You never know, they might referred you to a professional in Texas near you.
danyliz is offline   Reply With Quote