Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #1

Tire balancing

I read in one of the threads on the forum that FR does not balance the tires on their motor homes before they are delivered. I am expecting delivery of our new 2651s mid November. Should I be planning on getting this done prior to our first trip? Has anyone had a problem with this?
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #2

Tires should have been balanced by the chassis manufacturer, not FR.

Ours were balanced fine. Just drive it and see how they run, then discuss with your dealer if there is a problem.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

If you inspect ALL the wheels and don't find any weights attached, take it to a truck tire shop and have them balanced. All tires/wheels should be balanced.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #4

Thanks gentlemen. I will take a look and if necessary stop in and see the people I have bought tires from for the 25 years. Thanks again.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #5

Haven't heard much about tire balance issues. However front end alignment and drivability issues are much more common. You can search this forum to find some good info on the issues and fixes.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #6

ATV'r, thanks for the heads up. I will take a look on the forum.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #7

When I buy new tires I will have them balanced but for the tires that come on the RV how critical is it since unless you travel a lot the tires will dry rot before the tread wears out.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:53 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilm2113 View Post
I read in one of the threads on the forum that FR does not balance the tires on their motor homes before they are delivered. I am expecting delivery of our new 2651s mid November. Should I be planning on getting this done prior to our first trip? Has anyone had a problem with this?
Where did you read this exactly? I have been on here for a while and never recall seeing this on a motorhome thread?

PS. Your unit should be coming offline around Nov 4th (still has to get skirt paint) and then will ship.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #9

Mr. Clemens- it is hard to say where I read it. I have been all over this forum ever since my wife and I test drove a Forester. It was probably a comment made in some of the more negative threads where people were venting about issues they were having. Being a newbie to the motor home world it probably stuck in my head as something I should have my tire guy take a look at. I also thought that since there is so much good information on this site I would ask the more experienced owners. Obviously, the one thread I read that stuck in my head was wrong. It is hard to filter right from wrong sometimes!
Thank you for the heads up on the progress of our unit. My wife and I are excited. We only wish we had made the decision earlier so we could have enjoyed Idaho's great fall weather we have had this year.
Thanks again.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #10

Mr. Clemens- I also should have thanked you for taking time to be part of this forum. Your willingness to help answer questions, provide some 'balance' and support members when possible is very much appreciated. It is rare these days in any industry to find people that are dedicated to customer service.
Thanks again for the update on our unit.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Mr. Clemens- it is hard to say where I read it. I have been all over this forum ever since my wife and I test drove a Forester.
Thanks again.
No worries. I just try and track down threads like that so I can subscribe and make sure the correct information is getting attached to those. We appreciate the opportunity you have given us to earn your business. I've known those guys in Idaho for 10 years now...great group of people.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #12
DDC

I am a believer in that if a tire is mounted to anything other than a wheel barrow it should be balanced.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #13

Your long and positive history with CW in the Boise area is good to hear. The dealer I bought my TT from that I am trading in did not provide much in the way of customer service.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Your long and positive history with CW in the Boise area is good to hear. The dealer I bought my TT from that I am trading in did not provide much in the way of customer service.
Hummmm!

My experience has been just the opposite.
CW was the first place we went to when we started looking, when they found out we were not going to buy that day we were pushed off by the salesman and left to our own.

Went to a dealer in Boise who was great even after we told them that no sale would happen that day.

Went back a couple of weeks later when they had some new stock in and found the lite, the service has been great so far.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #15

CW in Boise

Ford- We will see how they do!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
I am a believer in that if a tire is mounted to anything other than a wheel barrow it should be balanced.
Agree, if it's round and turns, it should be balanced.

Tags
tire