Old 03-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #11

Does anyone have experience with the EezTIRE TPMS 515 system from eezRV? Let me know because I purchased that model, but haven't received it yet. It seemed to have the most product for the money. I watched it demoed at the Good Sam rally in Pheonix, Az.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #12

Happy to say the Tiretech On TPMS works very well. Easy install and setup and provides accurate real time pressures and temps (verified temps with infrared thermometer). The monitor is about the size of a small flip phone, closed. Easy read face and function. Mounted it with it's suction cup mount to the forward edge of the small drivers side window which makes it non intrusive. When I received it there were 6 extra batteries which surprised me. The monitor battery will last approx 30 days between charges.

Here is a link for those interested.

Tiretech on Tire Pressure Monitoring System w 10 Brass Sensors 0 232 PSI TP7004 | eBay

Using it on a 24 foot Solera and towed Malibu. Have not needed a booster.
I highly recommend this system.

Same exact system as the Tire Minder, Tire Tracker and also sold under other brands.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #13

This is the system I use Tire-SafeGuard. It has flow thru sensors and easy to replace batteries. Ordered it from amazon.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:52 PM   #14

I have the Tire Minder system. Used it on my class A for 2 years and now have it on the 5th wheel. Has worked great. Notified me 3 times as tires went flat. Once slowly losing air and twice losing it very fast. I was able to stop each time before any damage to the trailer or other tire. I will never be with out it. My Chevy 2500 truck came with them built in.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
I recently added the TST507. I chose standard sensors in an effort to keep them from sticking out of the wheel (their a tiny bit lighter too). The best price I could find was at InfoTech RV Solutions (currently $220 drop shipped straight from TST)....EXCELLENT service too.

Motor home TPMS SYSTEMS PRESSURE TRACK TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM,TPMS, RV TIRE MONITOR, RV TPMS SYSTEM

I only have one minor complaint...I don't like the external antenna design TST chose. It looks silly and my 4yr old son broke it free from the circuit board inside within seconds of picking it up the very first time. I repair electronics daily so wasn't too big a deal for me to fix myself, but I would be MUCH happier with an internal antenna as most (all?) other brands use.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger2650 View Post
Does anyone have experience with the EezTIRE TPMS 515 system from eezRV? Let me know because I purchased that model, but haven't received it yet. It seemed to have the most product for the money. I watched it demoed at the Good Sam rally in Pheonix, Az.
Yes, mine are in a box in the garage, waiting to be put on the RV! (I've been meaning to but just haven't found the time.) Our first 2015 camping trip is in three weeks.

Did you get the ones with the flow-through devices?

I did experiment with the receiver and will mount it on the driver's side window, near the front. (That way, the cigarette lighter power cord will reach over the steering wheel.)
6-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
Guys,
I have the Tire Minder system....got it at the super show in January, works Great - easy to read, setup, and monitor. It does cost a little more and you have to buy the extra sensors for a 5th wheel, but no big deal....Anyway just my two cents on TPMS
Yes, I am using the Tire Minder system and it works great. East to install and setup. It gives me peace of mind as I rolling down the highway. I can check the pressure and temp of each tire on my TT that also will alert if the tire loses tire pressure and if the tire temp begins to climb. That may save major problems.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #18

Faulty leaking valve extenders on our Sunseeker have short circuited a trip each year now. So I'm planning to remove them altogether & replace with a TPMS. I'm leaning toward the TST 507 based upon what I've read on various RV forums (or one by Tire-Safeguard as it's ranked higher than the TST on Amazon).

My question is do the flow through sensors "fit" on the valves with the simulated wheel covers still installed? I had read somewhere that because the flow through sensors are bigger they interfere with the simulated wheel covers.

Seem like quite a few people here have flow through sensors so thought I'd check with the group.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
Faulty leaking valve extenders on our Sunseeker have short circuited a trip each year now. So I'm planning to remove them altogether & replace with a TPMS. I'm leaning toward the TST 507 based upon what I've read on various RV forums (or one by Tire-Safeguard as it's ranked higher than the TST on Amazon).

My question is do the flow through sensors "fit" on the valves with the simulated wheel covers still installed? I had read somewhere that because the flow through sensors are bigger they interfere with the simulated wheel covers.

Seem like quite a few people here have flow through sensors so thought I'd check with the group.

Thanks in advance!

In our case, yes they fit fine. We have a 2015 sunseeker 3010ds on the ford chassis. I can't speak to the Chevy wheels.

I think it also depends on what type of valve stems you use as well. We use the one piece brass stem kit from the tireman in CA.

The tst507 flow thru sensors are larger than we expected and stick out but have not been an issue and work great.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #20

X2 on the TST507! I would not use anything else! In addition to being a quality product that monitors not only tire pressure but temperature as well, the folks at TST are fantastic and their customer service is second to none!

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire