Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #1

Unexpected Alarm

Had been on the road for about 170 miles yesterday when suddenly we heard a rhythmic beeping and discovered it was coming from the Bigfoot Leveling System box. I pulled over and checked the levelers to make sure they were all retracted, which they were (the right rear had a very slight gap between the shutoff pin and the foot). My wife checked the box and noted there were no lights; however, it was continuing its beeping. The System Power button obviously didn't work as the engine was still running, so I pressed the Emergency Retract button and the beeping stopped. I'm thinking one had possibly crept down causing the alarm. All has been fine since, but will check the hydraulic fluid. Just wanted to let anyone know who might have the same occurrence.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:03 PM   #2

Had the problem a few times. Usually after being in storage for awhile. And it's always the left rear. The first time was hilarious, crawling around on my belly, tiring to figure where the beep was coming from.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapiniii View Post
Had the problem a few times. Usually after being in storage for awhile. And it's always the left rear. The first time was hilarious, crawling around on my belly, tiring to figure where the beep was coming from.

Did you remedy it the same way by pressing Emergency Retract? Ours is in a covered plastic bin, so was a bit muffled. Didn't know if it was the timer, the indoor/outdoor thermometer, or what! Nothing you want to hear when you've never heard it before.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Did you remedy it the same way by pressing Emergency Retract? Ours is in a covered plastic bin, so was a bit muffled. Didn't know if it was the timer, the indoor/outdoor thermometer, or what! Nothing you want to hear when you've never heard it before.
Yep, tried the other buttons, but Emergency Retract was the magic button.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Old 02-02-2016, 05:24 PM   #5

Yuup,same thing with me all levelers looked up , hit the retract and noise stopped.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Yuup,same thing with me all levelers looked up , hit the retract and noise stopped.
Happen more than once?
Old 02-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #7

SkipnTerri,
Guess what's coming back?

What's your guess of temps in Branson in the middle of April?

It's going to be GA or MO in April.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Old 02-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #8

Good deal! It'll be like having a new unit again! Temps in April in Branson are usually upper 60s.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Happen more than once?
Yeah , couple of times, both times while driving down the road. Only thing I could think of that happened was there was some dirt between the base pad and the limiter switch and it shook out while driving. Thinking of it now I also have a alarm after it sits all winter in storage so one of the levelers must drift down slightly after six months, I hit the all up and alarm goes away and doesn't come back until next spring. Good luck and hope yours is OK now.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:20 PM   #10

After retracting the levelers I then always hit the emergency retract button. I have found that is a sure way to turn off all lights still on and ensure system has returned the levelers up to the max point. It does seem to be a magic button for the system.
Rocket City Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:50 AM   #11

I had a pin on the plunger switch that was slightly bent. Straightened that and problem solved.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote