Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2019, 07:32 PM   #1

Valve stem extenders

I have an extender for the inner tire in back but I seem to need a 180 extender on the outer wheel. What have others done on their sunseeker
sgoharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:42 PM   #2
2012 Solera

I use the 135 degree extenders:
https://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Duali...%2C212&sr=8-16
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #3

Do not get the screw on valve extensions. When I bought my 2014 sunseeker used last year it had these. My first trip I went to add air and two broke off and I watched two tires go flat before my eyes. I replaced the old valve stems and extenders with brand new metal one piece long valve stems. They were already bent and made specifically for the E450. They also come with stem stablizers for the inner tire. These should have come on from the factory. The set is about $100 and worth every penny. I got them directly from the manufacture but these look exactly the same:
https://www.amazon.com/DL1FC-Chrome-...a-824449332880
jlwardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 05:03 PM   #4

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the screw-on extenders indicated by JLeising. I've been running them for years with no problem. I also added straight SS valve stem extenders to the inner duals. This puts the nozzle tip right there where you can easily reach
Mach428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach428 View Post
Personally, I see nothing wrong with the screw-on extenders indicated by JLeising. I've been running them for years with no problem. I also added straight SS valve stem extenders to the inner duals. This puts the nozzle tip right there where you can easily reach
I would say the same as the extenders I have have not been an issue either. However, I just had to replace the outside tire on the rear recently and noticed that while the 6 tires on the wheels all had metal tire valves, the spare tire did not. Putting extenders on metal tire valves should not be an issue, but I can now see that putting extenders on rubber tire valves would be a issue. Just filling the tire with air was problematic and I'm sure if I drove any great distance with the extender on the rubber valve it would most likely damage the valve over time.

Chuck & Lois
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:09 AM   #6

I finally found the paperwork from the ones I bought. The company is Borg and the valves are DuallyValve. They come already bent for your chassis. They also come with a rubber stabilizer. I think they are about $100. I own a car dealership so they let me buy them wholesale for less. I have owned two class C motorhomes. They 2007 had metal extensions that failed on me after several years of working fine. The 2014 failed on me right away after I bought it. The previous owner would have said they are fine.
You are already spending money on extensions, why not spend just a little more and have a permanent fix and decrease your risk for issue by 95%. I also bought tire pressure monitors. They would not be able to be put on extensions.
Here is the site for the dually valve stem kit: www.yourtireshopsupply.com
jlwardn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve