Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

My son-in-law had an interesting job for a few years...Customer Service manager at a large Walmart in Colorado Springs.

One of his many stories, and this was true, was a woman returning a tube of medicine that was supposed to cure a certain infection that women can get (involving yeast) and my son-in-law asked why she wanted a refund, "Because it didn't work!" she loudly answered!

I kid you not...how he did the transaction with a straight face if beyond me!
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #22

bclemens Yea, I knew that , thanks for your posting
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #23

Brian, I appreciate you efforts to keep your FR folks appraised of the things we like/ dislike and improvements along the way. That makes great business sense! The majority of issues that I have with my 2013 3051S are related to subcomponents such as my GPS radio, gas generator, refrigerator, DC water pump and propane regulator to name just a few issues this year. All have been resolved with me working with the component manufactures. I have found them to be very responsive and generally care about how we perceive their products. My biggest fear is that my full body slide has the same issues discussed in this thread. My slide tracks are showing the same wear and tear as the picture in this thread. I am very careful to ensure my RV is perfectly level before I operate the slide. Since the 12-month warranty has expired, I purchased and ESP by Wholesale Warranties because I am concerned about the quality of the subcomponents installed in my RV and the costs associated with mobile repairs while on the road. It happened to me several times this year as I now have 17K on the chassis. I understand FR frustration when dealing with prime suppliers. My previous job was a Global Supply Chain Director for a consumer electronic company so I truly understand FR position; however, FR drives this bus. Ask Boeing Aircraft Company what happens when you allow prime contractors to Shanghai or lock you in to their conditions. I'm happy to see FR went with a different radio other than Magnadyne on the new Class C. This endeavor will probably cost me another 1K to replace as I look forward to the DNA issues now with my full body slide gears. FR washes its hands of any/all financial responsibility after 12-months of consumer ownership like all other RV manufactures, leaving the final burden on the owner. I'm not beating on drums here; just watching my bank account growing smaller and smaller as I work through these issues. I've owned Class Cs for a very long time but this is my first Forester. I hope to spend many years traveling across the USA with it but wonder when all the bugs will be worked out of it, and at what cost?
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #24

Ourflat, Frank have you also had the outside bracket on the wall slide start pulling away from the body? Since yours is a 2013 and mine a 2014 any other things I should keep a eye out for?
Old 10-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #25

If you do a search with my name you will find most of the threads for things that I either fixed or had someone repair. Hopefully I'll never need to worry about that too but knowing my luck with this RV... I'll keep an eye on it though...

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #26

Just got word from dealer on Oct 15th that parts came in. To late now, MH is getting ready for storage, I am going to hold onto parts until spring when I can take it back to dealer to have fix completed.

Tags
parts