Old 10-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #1

Waiting for parts

MH has been sitting at dealers now for six weeks waiting for parts to repair slide gear problem. I phoned FR direct and was told that parts are coming from slide drive manufactor and that they had shut down for two weeks to move. I HAVE to have the rig ready for winter storage by the 26th of Oct. so it looks like I will have to take it back in the spring for the repair to be done, ( dealer is 1 1/2 hrs one way drive from me ) Had I known this I would have waited taking it to dealer so we could have been camping until putting away for winter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv problems 005.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	64511  

wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #2

That is completely unsatisfactory! Your dealer should have been able to find out from the time they ordered the parts that it was going to take several weeks. AND it is unsatisfactory that on a new under warranty unit (or really any FR product) that you should have to wait 6 weeks for parts - Forest River needs to do a better job of taking care of customers than that. Apparently you are a much calmer person that I am - I would be a screaming lunatic. The one time we had to have parts ordered for our 3051 we assumed, and the dealer concurred, that it would probably be a couple of weeks so we took our rig so we could use it. However, there was nothing so major as what you are waiting on. Shame on Forest River.

Shelley

Old 10-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
GM

Lippert for whatever reason wants to handle all their own parts and warranty. They did just move their entire operation under one roof. That is supposed to help with timeliness of parts and service.

Just to clarify AprilFool, his slide is working but not sealing as it should. The unit is still usable. I'm not sure it is "Shame on Forest River"...he called us directly and we told him the situation. I would be more apt to say shame on the dealer for not getting a lead time on that part and not suggesting he continue to use the unit while they wait for parts. You're also assuming that parts were ordered the day the unit was brought in (6 weeks).

I can't tell you how many times a customer calls and says "the dealer said..." So I call up our warranty department to chastise them for their lack of effort, only to be given the file notes that shows parts were ordered late by the dealer, or not at all, or we were waiting on pictures or something and were were waiting on the dealer. Or maybe we did screw up. But before we burn Forest River at the stake...it is always helpful to know the whole story.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #4

Agree, another RV issue at the hands of a dealer! Now, what is going to be done to help this dealer help his/her customer?
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #5
GM

I believe that is already being done, parts have been ordered, I'm sure our warranty department will expedite where they can.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #6

Mr. Clemens. I accept my tongue lashing with alacrity. However, you will note that my first line puts it on the dealer. No matter whose fault it is - if there is fault - 6 weeks is unacceptable IMO. How many units can be built in 6 weeks but one part cannot be shipped? Take one off the floor and ship it. I cannot believe that there are let's say 100 units on order that need this part in the next 6 weeks and FR has exactly 100 on hand. Sorry - I'm not buying it - maybe FR needs to do business with a different supplier.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Lippert for whatever reason wants to handle all their own parts and warranty. They did just move their entire operation under one roof. That is supposed to help with timeliness of parts and service.

Just to clarify AprilFool, his slide is working but not sealing as it should. The unit is still usable. I'm not sure it is "Shame on Forest River"...he called us directly and we told him the situation. I would be more apt to say shame on the dealer for not getting a lead time on that part and not suggesting he continue to use the unit while they wait for parts. You're also assuming that parts were ordered the day the unit was brought in (6 weeks).

I can't tell you how many times a customer calls and says "the dealer said..." So I call up our warranty department to chastise them for their lack of effort, only to be given the file notes that shows parts were ordered late by the dealer, or not at all, or we were waiting on pictures or something and were were waiting on the dealer. Or maybe we did screw up. But before we burn Forest River at the stake...it is always helpful to know the whole story.
Just as a follow up: Dealer ordered the parts on Sept 11, HM was taken in on Sept 6th. I am not blaming FR they told me about the move of Lippert when I called early in Oct.and told me they would get the parts ASAP. I am more p..... off with dealer after they told me it would only be two weeks when I took it in.As of now I am picking HM up with out repairs done so I can put it in winter storage, I will have to take it back in spring an hope the repair will be done fast so we can get some camping in
Old 10-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #8

OP seems to be happy so thats all that matters. Bclemens does a great job on this forum, lets respect his valuable insight.

From Brian Clemens {thats me}
Old 10-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #9

If you read bclemens replys it shows that FR does care about their customers and sometimes things are out of their control. I feel its the dealer who dropped the ball on keeping me informed.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #10

Definitely the Dealer!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts