Old 07-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #1

Water leak on outside of RV

I noticed water leaking from 2 places when city water is hooked and running. It is leaking from just left of drainage connections. Cannot see if there are water lines above them. Any suggestions?

blively70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #2

Time to get out a flashlight and go exploring. Start at water filter, water pump, water heater fittings, etc.

Look for wet spots inside cabinets.

You are going to want to run this leak soon and about the only way is to trace water lines.

FWIW, the City Water inlet, water pump, and water filter, in my TT is in a compartment right above the tank drain pipes and valves. If I had a similar leak in the area you described I would logically check that compartment first.

FWIW, do you have any leakage when only running water pump and using water from the onboard tank? If not then your leak may be caused by high pressure into a line that only leaks when pressure is above 50-55 psi.

Are you using a pressure regulator on the City Water supply? I've seen some pressures as high as 110 Psi in RV parks. They have to keep the park pressure high so people's showers don't run hot/cold when someone next door flushes their toilet

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #3

water leaking

I checked under cabinets. Checked valve where city water goes in. Could not find anything. One question. Would the water line from city water intake goes thru the floor inside of the bedroom? There is a step along the wall that looks like something is enclosed in it.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blively70 View Post
I checked under cabinets. Checked valve where city water goes in. Could not find anything. One question. Would the water line from city water intake goes thru the floor inside of the bedroom? There is a step along the wall that looks like something is enclosed in it.
Don't know your specific RV floor plan but it's possible.

I always look for the water pump and filter as they are often mounted in close proximity. Then try to get a good feel for where the outside city water connection is. From the City water connection the line will then travel along until it meets up with the discharge of the water pump and then goes through the filter.

It's also possible that there is a water tank overflow that discharges somewhere near where you are seeing the "leak". If this is the case then you most probably have a water pump check valve that needs to be "re-seated" as it's letting city water bleed back into the water tank through the pump.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:20 PM   #5
2012 Solera

May be stating the obvious, but I would fill the fresh water tank and just use it with the pump until I got the leak fixed - to avoid water damage.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:08 PM   #6

It would help to know year and model of your rig
Old 07-28-2019, 11:34 AM   #7

I'll chime in too. You didn't answer some questions others asked-- Namely do you have a regulator installed between the city water faucet and your RV water inlet? IF not get one!
This is the one we use: https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/Fixed.htm
We had a problem a few years ago where the water pump check valve leaked and allowed the water to overfill the fresh water tank, and it looked like there was a leak. This was probably due to me not using a regulator and I borke the check valve with too high pressure Until you find the leak, use the fresh water tank--if it doesn't leak. IF it doesn't--It may be at the water inlet connection. Some rigs have a regulator connected to the house side of the inlet--it could be that connection.
rondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 01:48 PM   #8

I recently noticed some water in one of the basement storage compartments on my 3010DS. After pulling out one of the drawers in the bedroom I got access to the inside part of the city water connection and could see a leak on the inside. From there the water was dripping down into the basement storage compartment beneath it. After replacing the city water inlet with a new one from Amazon, the leak stopped and no more water in the storage compartment. It is a wonder that part did not leak from day 1, when taking off the old city water inlet it was not connected tight to the plumbing and there was no evidence of any pipe sealant or teflon tape on the threads etc. for the connection. I used teflon tape on the threads when I connected the new one.
lucky55616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blively70 View Post
I noticed water leaking from 2 places when city water is hooked and running. It is leaking from just left of drainage connections. Cannot see if there are water lines above them. Any suggestions?
Check outside shower ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:51 AM   #10

water leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markl3050s View Post
It would help to know year and model of your rig
Mine is 2009 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 LTD

Tags
leak, sunseeker, water, water leak