Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #1

Water leaks into basement

Hi, I have a 2015 Forester 2401R MBS. After driving home in the rain I noticed everything in the basement was wet and there's pools of water in the wells on both sides. Anyone else with this issue?
Auntielo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #2

Our new SS had a leak that ran down into the right rear basement. The dealer did a Seal Tech test and determined that the window on the rear wall was leaking due to being incorrectly installed. They removed, resealed and replaced it. No more leaks.

One clue that it was the window was the fact that the bed platform was wet. They also replaced that also.

Kudos to McGeorges RV in Ashland, VA for taking very good care of us.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
SS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:45 AM   #3

Oh lord!! What a nightmare this has been! I'm glad they found and fixed your leak
Old 01-17-2016, 01:54 AM   #4

Hi all, after more than a week and another rain , I have more water in my basement. All doors filmy closed and locked. Any ideas what's up with this?
Old 01-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #5

You should probably get it in to your dealer or other service center. Leaks are difficult to diagnose when you can't actually see what's going on, so pretty hard to do online. Best of luck.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
SS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #6

Hi, it's already there. I was just curious to see if anyone else has had this issue. It's concerning that the rear wall in the basement is bowed
Old 02-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #7

I had that problem on my 2016 R and it was the seal around basement door
kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #8

They put new seal on and adjusted door
kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak