Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #1

Water Pump

Where the heck is the water pump on my 2012 Forester 3011 ??
Frank & Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #2

Should be in the outside storage compartment behind rear wheel (passenger side). There is a utility door that provides access to the water filter, the water pump should be right next to it.

Bobby
Attached Images

bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #3

We have a 2013 3050S and the filter/pump is in the same general compartment but behind the second access hatch on the rear wall of the compartment.

"Not all those who wander are lost..."
jimdaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #4

Thanks ! Have not had a chance to look yet but will this weekend. One more camping trip before it gets too cold and then winterize
Old 11-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #5

You will have to remove the the door and the surrounding wood panel to get to the left side of the pump which is the intake side.

Then you can hook up your auction line for the rv antifreeze.

It's a little bit of work that really is ripe for a mod.

It takes about 5-10 extra minutes the first time you do it.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #6

Is the hose that you put in the antifreeze jug from the pump already there or is it an add on?
Old 11-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevinseve View Post
Is the hose that you put in the antifreeze jug from the pump already there or is it an add on?

Winterization kit was not standard on my 2012, had to add the selector valve and hose.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #8

It is something you buy at the rv store. You can do a permanent one like ATVer said or just unscrew the intake side once per year and hook up the hose like I do.

I will probably do a permanent one just hasn't been high on the priority list.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #9

OK I found a door in the first compartment on the passenger side just behind the rear wheel that holds the water filter but no water pump Still looking. Beside the water filter are 2 water lines one red one blue. The blue one has a shut off valve. I'm assuming that this shut off valve allows me to remove that filter?
Old 11-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Still looking. Beside the water filter are 2 water lines one red one blue. The blue one has a shut off valve. I'm assuming that this shut off valve allows me to remove that filter?
No, I think that is for your fresh water tank drain. At least that is what mine is for.
On the water pump, you sure it wasn't anywhere behind the panel with the door? The door is more for the access for the water filter but the pump can be more rearward. You can also check near where your water tank is and under the kitchen cabinets but I believe FR places the pump outside storage compartment partly because of the noise and partly because of service access.
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #11

Quote:
OK I found a door in the first compartment on the passenger side just behind the rear wheel that holds the water filter but no water pump Still looking. Beside the water filter are 2 water lines one red one blue. The blue one has a shut off valve. I'm assuming that this shut off valve allows me to remove that filter?

You can't get to the water pump by just removing the door. You have to also remove the panel or wall that the door is in, requires removal of about 8-10 screws. The valve in the blue line is the fresh water tank drain if it's the one I'm thinking you meant. Your dealer should have gone over all of this during the purchase walk through.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #12

Camping this weekend will check further when we get home. Came across the door while getting some stuff out of that compartment and remembered the door was for the water filter. Our dealer walk thru was very lacking. Thank goodness for the internet and this website. If that pump is in the same area as the filter it has to be behind it. Thank you all for your help !!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #13

ATVer ....well everything was just where you said it was. Ours already had the hose hooked up for the antifreeze. So thank you !!,