Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #1

Water Pump Switch 2015 3051s

Probably for Clemons. Model 3051s. Looking at putting a water pump switch in the bathroom and pulled the toilet area light switch to look for a way to run wire and there is a white wire looped in the wall (not connected to anything). Was wondering if this model was pre wired for a pump switch in the bath. If not what is the looped wire for. If so how to wire?? Thanks, Monte
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Who knows what the loop is...but we do not pre-wire for a bathroom pump switch.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #3

You should be able to determine what the wire is for by looking at the wiring diagrams for your unit. I have them for my unit (3120) and they have helped a lot. Your dealer may have them already or certainly can get them for you. My dealer emailed them to me the next day after I asked about them.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:11 AM   #4

Who would have the wiring diagrams for the unit? FR. Or the dealers?
West Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Cactus View Post
Who would have the wiring diagrams for the unit? FR. Or the dealers?

Since FR built the unit they certainly have the diagrams. As I said in my previous post, I got mine thru my dealer. The plumbing diagrams I got from FR through customer service but your dealer probably could get them as well.

However your unit may or may not be built exactly like the diagrams. I found an example where the installation didn't match. It was a relatively easy fix and FR offered to correct but I did it my self. Bottom line you may just have to trace out the wiring to be sure whether it can be used for what you want. To add the pump switch you will have add at least one more wire anyway or two more wires (3 way setup) if you want the pump to be controlled from two places.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, pump, water, water pump