Old 06-02-2016, 12:35 PM   #11
The bladder is a good idea camping near an easy water supply. I'll have to check into that. Right now I use 7 gallon jugs from wally world or I also have (2) 30 gallon plastic tanks for long stays in the desert or in the middle of nowhere. I carry them on my trailer with my RZR.

We'll be in Silverton (9300ft) around the 4th of July. Big party in town every 4th. Also riding the RZR all over the mountains.

At the beach in Mexico right now, but not in the RV

2016 Forester 2401WS MBS
Life is the cookie
bob dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #12
This last weekend plus 3 days we camped without a water hookup. Towards the end we needed more fresh water. I filled a 5 gallon bucket, put the winterizing suction hose in it, set the valve for suction from the bucket then the other valve for Gravity, turned the pump on and transferred the water right to the fresh water tank. Of course I had to add 5 buckets to the tank for the remainder of the weekend but it worked. The bladder idea is better but a little pricey.

Ron & Pat
Greentown Indiana
2014 F350
2016 Chaparal 336TSIK
ronandpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #13
Originally Posted by flymhi View Post
Neat idea with the bladder. They look pricey ($300+). I couldn't find anything on the CW site. How long have you used the bladder?

Look on eBay for a ballast bag for wakeboarding. FatSac makes them and with a pump are less than $150. Larger sizes too.
Gmar60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:50 PM   #14
Gmar60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:23 AM   #15
I paid about $100 for the bladder at CW. And got the pump on sale for $35. It's come in super handy for 3 yrs now. Seems like a bargain for the piece of mind alone.
2015 Forester 3051S
TOAD: 2016 Lincoln MKX
Creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:26 AM   #16
Very good thread and Ideas. I have never boon-docked before, would love to try it sometime. The only thing that really stops me is I wouldn't trust my unit. I have about as much faith in it as I can throw it. Just about every trip something breaks or something will happen. So enjoy yourselves, good ideas as I said...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:08 AM   #17
Tanks and siphons

I got tired of holding up 5 gallon jugs and waiting for them to empty. I found a grey water tank and fresh water tank on craigslist. I mount them in my truck, and can fill the water tank from a spigot.

For a siphon to work, the top of the tank you're filling has to be lower than the bottom of the tank you're emptying. My fill hole is high, but if I stick the tube far enough down the fill hose, it gets below the bottom of my truck tank. The key is to use a small plastic tube instead of a hose. You don't care how long it takes to empty, because you're inside having a beer.

Camping near lakes, I don't like to dump my grey water out on the ground. I use a pump system to pump into my truck's grey water tank, and dump it at the dump station.

2009 Roo 21ss + 2007 Superduty 6.0
mnoland30 is offline   Reply With Quote

tank, water, water tank