Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #1

when does Ford powertrain warranty starts ?

took my 2011 Forester River RV into Ford dealer for check engine light.
I bought it on Nov of 2010, I was informed by the dealer that my Ford powertrain warranty ran out on 7/5/13 (19 days ago). Ford came with 3 years / 36k miles warranty, so my warranty shouldn't ran out till November 2013. or did Forester bought the chassis from Ford on 7/5/10, that it starts its warranty then ?

thanks.
bellwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #2

Ford Warranty

Bumper to Bumper is 3 years or 36,000 miles

Power-train is 5 years or 60,000 miles.

I believe all warranties start when the original owner takes delivery or the vehicle goes in Service as Ford describes it. The day it is driven off the RV Dealers Lot.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/superduty/2013/warranty/

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #3

Yes. It is when the private party (you) buys the RV/chassiss, not when an RV manuf/upfitter (forest river) buys it. Some cars/trucks/RV's can sit for up to 2 years or more on a dealers lot and the warranty does not go into effect untill the vehicle is registered.

Make some calls. Either way it sounds like you found a bad dealer if they wouldn't do anything 19 days out of warranty!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Commercial Member

There should have been a Ford Delayed Start Warranty form submitted when you took delivery. I used to have a copy, but its all done online now.

Basically they list the miles that are on it when you take delivery and that's when the mileage portion would start. I would track down a copy of the original paperwork.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #5

Is there a site to go online and check if the Dealer submitted my Ford Warranty. I really did not have much trust in them from the start. Still waiting for a thank you letter from them for purchasing an RV and becoming a new customer....lol

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
Missing Link

This is from my days working at a motorcycle dealer so don't know if it applies to rv dealers.

What would happen is a manufacturer would run special rebates for a certain time frame but to get the rebate the unit would have to be warranty registered by the end of that time frame.

So what dealers do is warranty register some units under any name to get the rebates to be able to sell cheaper down the road but the down fall is the warranty starts the day of the warranty registration.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
Commercial Member

I don't know of an online site. I do know there is a Ford customer relationship center. 800-392-3673

I guess in an old manual there was also a site Owner Support. Now forwards to...
Owner Support

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #8

Thanks.

I ran carfax, it shows car was never registered till I did on 10/22/10, manufacturer date was 7/2/10.

I called Ford customer service, they confirmed truck was manufactured on 7/2/10.

they emailed me back and said my dealer failed to file a Warranty Start Date Update Request. I will have to call the original dealer to submit a claim.

called the RV dealer 3 times, no answer....left messages........
bellwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote