Old 07-25-2016, 08:59 PM   #21

How did you attach it?

2016 Forester 2401W newbie

Old 07-26-2016, 05:16 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachsailor View Post
How did you attach it?

Are you talking about the safe or the other post about the under dinette drawer?

If you are talking about the safe, remember it is an inexpensive digital lock box that can also be opened with a key and YES it can be forced open if someone has the time, the tools, and knows its there but any safe CAN be opened if the person has the tools, the time, and the knowledge.

I choose the SentrySafe for two reasons.
1. because as long as I keep the serial number for this safe. I can get a new key from them should I happen to lose the two keys they supplied.
2. because it would fit.

following are the instructions on how I installed it in the cubby at the end of the bed.

It came with 2- 1/4 x 2 lag bolts.

The door catch has to come off in order to slide the safe in.
I then cut two pieces of 5/8 plywood so they were the same size as the safe and screwed them together with 1" drywall screws, I set the safe on the platform so I could mark the two mounting holes located in the bottom of the safe. Took the safe off and drilled 3/16" holes in the wood. I also purchased 2-1/4" x 2 1/2" lag bolts because I felt the 2" ones that came with the safe would not be long enough. I put the board in place so I could mark the holes with an awl, removed the board, drilled two pilot holes, put the board and the safe in place and used the lag bolts to anchor it down.

If you were interested in how the drawer was mounted.

Maybe you should have taken the time to be a bit more specific in your post..The main reason many refuse to offer help is because the person seeking help FAILS to be specific on what kind of help they are seeking.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:39 AM   #23

Thanks, sorry I did not specify the safe. My concern was about hitting something mounted under the floor when then safe is bottled down.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachsailor View Post
Thanks, sorry I did not specify the safe. My concern was about hitting something mounted under the floor when then safe is bottled down.

Not a problem

if you look at a Sunseeker/Forester brochure, you will find a picture showing how the cabin floor is constructed. It is 1 1/2 aluminum framing filled with foam. on the inside is floor decking and the outside is fiberglass sheeting. on the outside walls are pretty much the same so there shouldn't be anything internal to the floor or exterior walls. If you take a look underneath your RV, you will see all the wiring encased in loom. If you look at the shower floor, you will see it is raised, this is where the plumbing enters the cabin and where the water pump is located, you will also notice the blocked area next to the toilet, this is where the plumbing runs forward to the sinks and hot water heater.

Putting screws into the exterior walls in the cabin as well as the slide outs should not be a problem as long as you don't allow them to go deeper than 1" into the wall. I read somewhere that the floor decking is 1" thick and then the 1 1/2" aluminum box frame so a 1 1/2" screw going into the flooring should not be a problem.