Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2016, 01:42 PM   #1

Where to put the silverware in an MBS 2401W

We are still 5 weeks from picking up our new MH and in looking at all the videos and pics online, we're not seeing a spot to put the silverware? There is a drawer near the floor, but this doesn't make much sense. I'm not sure if you could somehow add a drawer below the sink or not?

Just curious what others have done.

Thanks!
BBogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBogey View Post
We are still 5 weeks from picking up our new MH and in looking at all the videos and pics online, we're not seeing a spot to put the silverware? There is a drawer near the floor, but this doesn't make much sense. I'm not sure if you could somehow add a drawer below the sink or not?

Just curious what others have done.

Thanks!
That's the drawer I used...the one near the floor under the sink. But I don't use silverware but instead plastic-camping-ware. I also kept all cooking utensils there like spatulas, can openers, etc.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:39 PM   #3

Thanks. We were hoping someone had a solution where me and my fused spine weren't always bending over to the floor. I think they kind of missed this issue with the otherwise fantastic layout of this unit!
Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #4

Smile

We use the drawer at the floor under the sink for most of our utensils. Got a silverware tray on one side, a plastic tray next to it for most of the utensils, and then there is room in the back for pancake turners, soup ladels, etc.

All of our dishes, cups, serving bowls, glasses, etc are located above the sink.

We use the drawer under the dinette, nearest the drivers compartment for pots and pans, the other one is for mixing bowels, etc.

I added one shelf along with re-adjusting the remaining shelving in the pantry in order to increase storage capacity. In the bottom of the pantry, I store the Laptop and the head for the Dyson. (I store the tubing behind the driver/passenger seat alongside the step). On the shelf above the laptop, we store a combo mixer/blender/chopper, the toaster, and the coffee maker. Above that are three shelves for food stuffs. We found some sterlite containers that fit perfectly and use them to store loose food packages.

I mounted a SentrySafe X041E 0.4 Cubic Foot Security Safe in the little cubby at the end of the bed, the one facing the living area with a door on it. I needed to raise it up an inch in order for the door to open properly, but its hidden, out of sight, and once the slide out is in, pretty much impossible to get at. There is room behind it for another small lockable storage box, if needed. Some states require that certain things be in separate locking containers, if you get my drift

Today, I made a new knife holder. The one behind the stove top is pretty much useless due to the size constraints for the knives.

I took a piece of 1/4 x 3 poplar, my table saw and router table and created a masterpiece. Well anyways, it will be functional and hold all the knives we will ever need. I turned the knives 90° from the factory knife holder. Will post pics later once the stain dries.

Actually there is a ton of storage for TWO in the MBS2400 series motor homes, but I really believe it was designed for two in the first place.

BTW if you have the trekker cap, the overhead storage is great for munchies, movies, maps, and manuals
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #5

Hey thanks! We did order ours with the trekker cap. We're going from a Lance 825 camper, so you'd think we'd be overwhelmed with all our space, but that little camper had a ton of inside storage!

Anyway, we just need to get it home and figure out things.

And LOL, ya, I get your drift!

Thanks again.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:38 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Don't own a mh, but did this to my 5er. Finally ended up mounting the flip down door to the drawer. DW loves it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01573.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	113780   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01575.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	113781   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01576.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	113782   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01578.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	113783  
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:42 PM   #7

Now that's nice!!!
Old 07-12-2016, 12:35 AM   #8
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Where to put the silverware in an MBS 2401W

Ours has a drawer under the 3 burner stove top and that's where we keep kitchen utensils, can opener, silverware. My back is good and I would not like to store all that down next to the floor. That drawer closest to the floor (under the sink cabinet) is our Etc. drawer. Tape, matches, lighter, level, scissors and all the command hooks we haven't used yet.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Don't own a mh, but did this to my 5er. Finally ended up mounting the flip down door to the drawer. DW loves it!
Unfortunately the oven option, which Murelene and I decided to add, takes the place of that drawer.

There are just some things that do not turn out well in a convection/microwave oven. Like corn bread, sweet rolls, Frittata and Keesh thus our reasoning for a regular oven.

Here at home we have the best of both worlds, A Bosch Dual-Fuel range. Gas cooktop, electric standard/convection oven and a Bosch under cabinet Microwave. We wanted to duplicate that as close as possible, but had to settle for the gas oven.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #10

I have the same RV and I bought this. It rides well above the sink and easily fits on the counter or stove top and can be brought outside.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #11

drawer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
That's the drawer I used...the one near the floor under the sink. But I don't use silverware but instead plastic-camping-ware. I also kept all cooking utensils there like spatulas, can openers, etc.

X2 Plastic and paper. Lighter, no need to use water to wash.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:54 PM   #12

Not a bad idea - thanks for the link.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:41 PM   #13

Silverware storage

I picked up a microwave cart at Walmart online for 120 dollars. It has a large drawer firs silverware and utensils. Doors on bottom and locking wheels.
jtesta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:33 PM   #14

I don't like being over but there is no other easy and practical solution! You will get used to it.

Judy
2015 Solera
Judymakem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:50 AM   #15

I mentioned in an earlier post how I was making a replacement for the almost useless knife holder that is located behind the cooktop. Here is a comparison picture. I know mine is lighter but it is a cherry stain on poplar. The factory knife holder has to be a cherry on red oak because it looks the same as the cherry on oak chair rail that I have in my home office.

And "no" you can never have too many different styles of knives
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	knife holder.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	114004  
Old 07-13-2016, 06:56 AM   #16

I have a 2400W and love the floor plan but storage is tight. Added a 2 inch "add a drawer" under the table, very easy to install. there is still plenty of room under the table for legs. got mine at amazon.
Skip51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip51 View Post
I have a 2400W and love the floor plan but storage is tight. Added a 2 inch "add a drawer" under the table, very easy to install. there is still plenty of room under the table for legs. got mine at amazon.
could you please provide an Amazon.com link for the "add a drawer" you purchased and installed.

Thanks, Sherman
Old 07-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #18

We have had those add a drawers under the table in our Lance camper, and they are really handy, but I'm not sure if it would work for silverware...but maybe...

We keep foil and other wraps, pens, scissors, lots of little misc stuff there - I need to go out and look at ours and see if I can modify it for silverware.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #19

you could always store it here if its "real" silver.

Even if you don't have real silver, this is a nice light lock box that fits nicely in this cubby. It is anchored to the floor. There is two pieces of 5/8" plywood underneath it so the door would open.

If anyone is interested it is a SentrySafe and only weighs 13 pounds.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Prime price is $54.

The nice thing about Centry Safes is that if you lose the key and the battery is dead, you can get another key from SentrySafe just as long as you keep the safes serial number so you can give it to them. Unlike most other cheap safes where if you lose the key, your cutting the safe open.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV safe.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	114023  
Old 07-13-2016, 06:13 PM   #20

Nice!