Old 06-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #41
Site Team

The rv industry does have it problems and needs to be better! Matter a fact I dont know of any industry quite like the rv.
Im glad there is rep like bclemens on the forum. Too bad there not more of them that have the courage to be here on the forum. I rather have the reps on the forum to help our members then to leave so we have none.

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:32 PM   #42
Site Team

I can tell you guys that I am coming over from crossroads (a division of Thor), not because of quality issues but simply because we like the Sabre. I have been on the crossroads forum for several years and until the other week I was a moderator on the thor forum. I will flat out tell you that the complaints I have read are very similar to what I see there, only fewer. I have seen complaints over there from the very mild to the very severe (one guy even had his landing gear on the 5er collapse and that was on a high dollar redwood).

My unit was an entry level zinger and only had a couple of small issues. High dollar vs low dollar doesn't buy better workers just nicer interiors and some different build materials and/or processes. They also have issues with some dealerships being good and some bad or worse. We watched crossroads flush everything down the toilet with the old management team and lose a lot of customers. They are rebuilding their customer service but a lot of damage has been done. They have no factory reps on the crossroads forum like they do here. We would have loved to have that kind of access over there. (In fact sabre Sam was very helpful to me in my process as we're several other forum members). My point is not to bash crossroads or say how great forest river is but to show you that the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. The grass is simply the grass and both lawns seem to have weeds and caretakers. The key is to try to find the right caretaker for your lawn and hope you bought a decent bag of seed to begin with.

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
Thank you we ever and for my wife also. There is a saying that I love and think is the absolute truth, it is; : The toughest job in the Navy is the Navy wife.
I grew up as an army brat. I feel blessed to have had that opportunity. I am very proud of my father's 28 yrs of service (he was an airborne ranger and retired as a Col.) To this day I do not know how my mom handled my dad's 2 tours of Viet Nam, especially since she had 1 yr old twins to care for during one of those tours. Every day, I find a new reason to admire both of my parents for their strength and courage. So yes I will absolutely thank anybody who serves this great nation and their family for their sacrifices.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #44
Site Team - Lou

And this is why we lose company reps who "come out of the closet."

They come here to help us as users of their product and we beat them up for no real reason other than to satisfy some urge that we "got even".

Ranting about things does not help anyone. Railing over the unfairness of the world does not solve problems.

If you have a specific issue, we try to help, and occasionally, a member who also happens to work at the factory (jeez they ARE RV owners too), also tries to help. Unfortunately, they most times become the target and not the solution.

After a while, even the most arduous supporter of the forum gets tired of hearing the same grind every day especially as a volunteer. They don't get paid to come here.

Many just stop coming back (and we lose a valuable resource), others change their username and go back to lurking (and we STILL lose a valuable resource).

Can't tell you the number of times I wanted to close my tool box and just hang out on my other hobby's (shooting sports) Forum. I just have learned so darn much here that I want to make a difference and give something back.

Not to name names, but I do hope that the "gang up on the factory guy" mentality does not chase off any more members who are reps for vendors and manufacturers and just here to try and help us.

Every one we lose is a resource lost forever. The word gets out very quickly and they will stop coming.
I just want to ---

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #45
NELA

I'ma say it again: Your DEALER can and will (sometimes) make or break your RV experience.

I express my thanks EVERY time I communicate with our dealer and have invited them here to this forum to read the reviews they receive.

I can NOT say enough good things about Bayou Outdoor Supercenter RV. One of the items on my list this time was that the wall clock would not keep time (fresh batteries installed) because the hour hand dragged the face of the clock. LOL the only reaction I got from the service person who went over our checklist when we arrived was an odd look and "that clock *came* in this 5er? we need to get over to the sales lot more often to view the fixtures in these things, I'm making a recommendation for that today. No matter, if it came in here it'll be replaced".

I explained that a replacement is around $56.00 on CW, and I paid for the one not working. She just chuckled and agreed it should be a warranty covered item.

FTR, that's one of the items that's arriving tomorrow. The other item that arrives tomorrow is a replacement frame and window for the small window at the top of the stairs. The frame was warped and caused two large stress cracks in the slide part of the glass that we didn't catch during PDI.

On our first RV from this dealer I somewhat panicked with our first warranty issue. Yes it was a serious issue with wiring, but it didn't take long to realize these people have their customers' six.

Said all that to say this: Forest River can't fix problems if the DEALER isn't working with the customer AND Forest River.

Be diligent in researching your dealers before purchasing! Buying from the cheapest source isn't always the smartest decision to make when buying something as complicated as these houses on wheels.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #46
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post

And this is why we lose company reps who "come out of the closet."

They come here to help us as users of their product and we beat them up for no real reason other than to satisfy some urge that we "got even".

Ranting about things does not help anyone. Railing over the unfairness of the world does not solve problems.

If you have a specific issue, we try to help, and occasionally, a member who also happens to work at the factory (jeez they ARE RV owners too), also tries to help. Unfortunately, they most times become the target and not the solution.

After a while, even the most arduous supporter of the forum gets tired of hearing the same grind every day especially as a volunteer. They don't get paid to come here.

Many just stop coming back (and we lose a valuable resource), others change their username and go back to lurking (and we STILL lose a valuable resource).

Can't tell you the number of times I wanted to close my tool box and just hang out on my other hobby's (shooting sports) Forum. I just have learned so darn much here that I want to make a difference and give something back.

Not to name names, but I do hope that the "gang up on the factory guy" mentality does not chase off any more members who are reps for vendors and manufacturers and just here to try and help us.

Every one we lose is a resource lost forever. The word gets out very quickly and they will stop coming.
I just want to ---
As usual Lou, you are spot on.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #47

I've been on the Chevy Traverse forum for the past 2 years, and from reading that, you'd rather buy an FR RV before a Chevy, based on all the bashing that goes on there. (And I haven't had any problems with my Traverse.)

As it was said above: The grass isn't any greener. It's just grass.

Venting may make you feel better, but it doesn't really solve anything. It just turns people off; sometimes the people you shouldn't be turning off.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #48

Gjones, in your post you say your 2014 Sunseeker 3010Ds I quote.. " have had absolutely zero problems with it. I'm not saying there aren't some problems" end quote. Now which is it no problems or some problems. Listen I have had a boat, owned 2 houses, owned new cars and used cars, own expensive bicycles, and ALL of them have had some problems, but not to the extent that I am experiencing and that I have read about on the forester post, FR3 , Georgetown, Sunseeker, Lexington post. I was a mechanical contractor for 20+ years working on larger cooling and heating systems, Carrier, Trane, York, Mammoth, and other major brands. Everyone wants to compare this industry to the automobile industry for some reason, but manufacturing is manufacturing. During my time I never experienced any brand that had as many issues being brought up for so long. In the mechanical industry if companies start telling a manufacturer about a problem, guess what it either gets fixed or a service bulletin is issued. If the major heating and cooling industry handled problems like the rv industry there would be some very uncomfortable office building, shopping malls and computer rooms. So every industry has problems the differance is how they are handled and what We as consumers are willing to accept. And I am sorry but ,again, for the amount of money I spent on my product I do not feel I should hide them or powder coat them so as not to hurt someone's feelings.
I HAVE NEVER ONCE SAID FOREST RIVER WAS A BAD COMPANY OR I HATE MY RV, so let's make that clear right now. But maybe some Forest river upper management should monitor this forum so they could see the problems out there and how it is affecting the confidence of their customers. I would hope they are thick skinned enough to ignore the over the top complainers and really hear what customers are saying. Yes complainers always seem to out number the compliments, it's that way in every aspect of life, wish it wasn't but.., and I am sure that the number of FR owners who post on this forum is a very very small number of ALL FR owners but a lot of us are people who love their rv and are just concerned because the same issues arise again and again.
Maybe the problem is I am looking for an answer to something that their is no answer for. I asked for a post to be closed before that I started because I thought things were getting to personal and a little too anti Forest River. I don't want a bash FR post I hope to be able to freely tell problems I have, be able to vent a little, maybe get some help from other rv's and you never know but just maybe something wrong could be changed be a use someone read of a problem.
Li, e a couple others posted I sacraficed, like many others here, so we could have open free discussions.
Thanks.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I'ma say it again: Your DEALER can and will (sometimes) make or break your RV experience.

I express my thanks EVERY time I communicate with our dealer and have invited them here to this forum to read the reviews they receive.

I can NOT say enough good things about Bayou Outdoor Supercenter RV. One of the items on my list this time was that the wall clock would not keep time (fresh batteries installed) because the hour hand dragged the face of the clock. LOL the only reaction I got from the service person who went over our checklist when we arrived was an odd look and "that clock *came* in this 5er? we need to get over to the sales lot more often to view the fixtures in these things, I'm making a recommendation for that today. No matter, if it came in here it'll be replaced".

I explained that a replacement is around $56.00 on CW, and I paid for the one not working. She just chuckled and agreed it should be a warranty covered item.

FTR, that's one of the items that's arriving tomorrow. The other item that arrives tomorrow is a replacement frame and window for the small window at the top of the stairs. The frame was warped and caused two large stress cracks in the slide part of the glass that we didn't catch during PDI.

On our first RV from this dealer I somewhat panicked with our first warranty issue. Yes it was a serious issue with wiring, but it didn't take long to realize these people have their customers' six.

Said all that to say this: Forest River can't fix problems if the DEALER isn't working with the customer AND Forest River.

Be diligent in researching your dealers before purchasing! Buying from the cheapest source isn't always the smartest decision to make when buying something as complicated as these houses on wheels.
I agree the dealer makes the difference. Despite some serious issues rendering our 2703 TT unusable for the better part of June and July with slide problems in 2013. We took the high road, bought a new fiver and never looked back. The dealer and forest river looked after us. I am also a bclemens just like the Factory Rep. I hope my namesake does not leave the forum due to rep bashing, I for one look to his well informed posts and insight.

Brian
Old 06-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #50
Site Team - Lou

Most reps have Rhino Hide, but even Rhino Hide wears thin after a while.

Been a Clemens fan for a long while and have great respect for him and the others who have voluntarily "outed" themselves.

Please don't let a "bad night" or two spoil our relationship.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote