Old 06-27-2014, 12:25 AM   #51

I like many others have had very positive results from warranty work and FR has stood behind their product for me. In this case you got a bad motor, one built by someone else, not FR. Parts go bad all the time and unfortunately it always happens at the worst possible time. I bet your dealer has no issues getting a replacement part and getting you back out to camp. Try not to let the experience dampen your desire to get out and travel this great country.

Thank you for your service and keep on coming back to the forums as there are some great helpful people here.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 06-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #52

USNMM1VETERAN,

First, let me say THANKS for your service! I'm sorry I wasn't clear in my previous post. What I meant was I have had zero problems with my unit but I realize there are some problems with other units. The meaning of my post was certainly not to bash you. I realize that you have problems with your unit that need attention. I don't think there is any doubt about that. I am in a management position and I would certainly not be happy with the employee or supplier that caused the problems with your unit and I would take action to make sure that the problem was corrected and would not happen again. The only reason I posted was for someone who was just reading the forum trying to decide if they wanted to purchase a FR unit or not. To be honest, if I had read this forum before I bought my rig there is a very good chance that I would have never purchased it. I would have certainly missed out. I just wanted them to know that not all of the units had problems. I surely hope you get your problems fixed ASAP and can have many happy camping trips in your rig. Hopefully our camping paths may cross one day. Again, thanks for your service and good luck getting your rig fixed quickly.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #53
GM

Just a side note guys, after sitting around for a while I tried to go back in and edit that post and take out the leaving section because I didn't want to give that impression but I was past my edit time period.

People will say "don't take it personally". I've never been a fan of that saying. If you are passionate about what you do you will take it personally. I just need to realize (that just like my kids) sometimes they want the world to know that they are right. So they will beat that drum at every opportunity no matter the logic or reasoning.

This site is too valuable for me from a design and feedback standpoint to not be represented here. I hope to get a few days in at the rally, might even stick around for a dinner if they let me.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
Thank you we ever and for my wife also. There is a saying that I love and think is the absolute truth, it is; : The toughest job in the Navy is the Navy wife.
X2 USN Vet! Kudos to your DW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Other than actually dodging bullets, I believe the toughest job in any branch is the spouse and family's sacrifices based on our son's experience. It eventually cost him his marriage of 26 yrs.
OC I am sorry that happened to your son

I saw this as well when I served. Especially X10 moreso in Special Forces (we could be gone overnight with no explaination for a month or 2 )

This was the single most reason I got out at 10 years. Glad I did, we celebrate our 35th this DEC

Not to hijack the thread...USN Vt I believe you DID buy the best RV Brand and you are not alone...Warren Buffet bought the WHOLE company in 2005 because he thought FR made quality products at fair prices.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
People will say "don't take it personally". I've never been a fan of that saying. If you are passionate about what you do you will take it personally. I just need to realize (that just like my kids) sometimes they want the world to know that they are right. So they will beat that drum at every opportunity no matter the logic or reasoning.

This site is too valuable for me from a design and feedback standpoint to not be represented here. I hope to get a few days in at the rally, might even stick around for a dinner if they let me.
Make sure you reserve Tue night Bclemens and come over to the Phat Phrog Stunt Crew Pot Luck & BBQ - I will have a cold one in my cooler for you as a small token of respect and thanks for you being a member of the forums!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #56

I have no complaints with Forest River, mine are all with the dealership. That is the area FR needs to improve the most
Old 06-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #57
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmhyer View Post
I have no complaints with Forest River, mine are all with the dealership. That is the area FR needs to improve the most
Times 1000.

Really wish the dealerships were more responsible to the manufacturer(s).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #58
Site Team

Hey folks, if you were following the schwintek slide-out part of this thread you can now find it here:

schwintek slide outs issues and info / split thread
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #59

Well got the rv to the dealer to start repairs. Had a meeting with the owner to discuss problems with his service department on my unwinterization. Had pictures to prove they did not install a new filter which I provided and never reconnected water line to pump. Well he called in service manager to office while we were there, told him to credit us the amount for the unwinterization, provide new filter, and have a list of all parts needed for warranty reports by noon Thursday, so they can get order in before holiday and will be at front of email list when factory returns on monday. He gaurenteed that we would have rv back before the 18th. We are closing on our house week of 21st and need rv to live in.
I really feel he wants to do the right thing and is going to deliver on his promise. If they get all the warranty work done for me I will put them at the top of list of best dealers. I also found out they are an inclusive forest river dealer. Does anyone know if all forest river dealers are I nclusive?
Old 07-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #60
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
I also found out they are an inclusive forest river dealer. Does anyone know if all forest river dealers are Inclusive?

Inclusive or Exclusive. Not sure what you mean...

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote