Old 01-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
Tinkerer and Putterer

Will an FR3 couch fit a 3011DSF?

I've been wanting to swap the jackknife sofa in my 3011dsf for a sleeper sofa but I'm having a heck of a time finding a sofa that fits. The sofa in the Forrester is 54 inches wide and the smallest sleeper I can find is 56 inches. The blasted arms are always too fat. Eyeballing the FR3 it looks like the sleeper sofa would be a straight swap thanks to the thinner arms. The problem is that the dealers around here can't keep them on the lots so I haven't been able to get a tape measure on one to figure out if it will fit. Is there anyway I could get measurements or a factory reps opinion on whether or not it will fit?

If it does fit, I haven't been able to find that couch out on the web so how would I go about ordering one? I would be willing to go to the manufacturer as long as I have the right info to tell them.

I've already asked this in the FR3 forum along with a ping to a person taking theirs out and replacing it with chairs . Just covering my bases here and hoping the factory can set me straight on whether the swap is possible.

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
Mostly lurker

I replaced the jackknife with 2 Steelcase recliners. Bolted them through the slide with the seatbelts on the original sofa bolts. Useable even when slide closed. Much more comfortable, even for taking naps.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #3

Just measure the couch in my FR3 and it is 68" wide.

Mandoholic and Bassbabe

2014 FR3 30DS

Salem, Oregon
Mandoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGuy View Post
I've been wanting to swap the jackknife sofa in my 3011dsf for a sleeper sofa but I'm having a heck of a time finding a sofa that fits. The sofa in the Forrester is 54 inches wide and the smallest sleeper I can find is 56 inches. The blasted arms are always too fat. Eyeballing the FR3 it looks like the sleeper sofa would be a straight swap thanks to the thinner arms. The problem is that the dealers around here can't keep them on the lots so I haven't been able to get a tape measure on one to figure out if it will fit. Is there anyway I could get measurements or a factory reps opinion on whether or not it will fit?

If it does fit, I haven't been able to find that couch out on the web so how would I go about ordering one? I would be willing to go to the manufacturer as long as I have the right info to tell them.

I've already asked this in the FR3 forum along with a ping to a person taking theirs out and replacing it with chairs . Just covering my bases here and hoping the factory can set me straight on whether the swap is possible.

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure that your sofa is only 54 inches wide? Unless it's a custom installation any 3010 or 3011 I have seen were in the 68 inch range.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
Tinkerer and Putterer

Looking at the brochure it states that the couch is 68 inches. Thankfully that opens up the options. Now I guess the better question is which fold out bed has the best mattress. It will only be used for overflow or kid sleeping but I would still like it to be comfortable and durable. If anyone has any name brands I should look at I'm all ears.

I have no idea where my original measurement came from. I thought I measured from arm to arm but I must have written the numbers down wrong. Unfortunately the RV is at the dealer and it isn't an easy trip to go and get it (2 hours).
Old 01-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGuy View Post
Looking at the brochure it states that the couch is 68 inches. Thankfully that opens up the options. Now I guess the better question is which fold out bed has the best mattress. It will only be used for overflow or kid sleeping but I would still like it to be comfortable and durable. If anyone has any name brands I should look at I'm all ears.

I have no idea where my original measurement came from. I thought I measured from arm to arm but I must have written the numbers down wrong. Unfortunately the RV is at the dealer and it isn't an easy trip to go and get it (2 hours).
Call them and ask if they could/would measure it for you.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:53 AM   #7
GM

Have you looked at a 3010/11 recently? There is a new bed on there called a visionary sofa. it's not a jack knife. Pictures can be found here... fits in the same spot.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8332499&type=3
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #8
Tinkerer and Putterer

That looks like what I'm looking for. Now for the obligatory dumb question, how do I get one?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:40 AM   #9

bclemens,
Will all new 3010/11's come with the visionary sofa or will it be an option? Any chance of a comfortable sofa with dual recliners?

To the OP. Sorry I don't want to highjack your thread with my questions but seems like the right place to ask. I plan to order a 3010 in the very near future and I don't like the jackknife sofa that's in the 3010 on the local dealer lot. Feels like your sitting on a spring and I much prefer a cushion. I all ready have replacing it on my to do list, but if I can get it with a decent sofa to start with would be great. A comfortable sofa with dual recliners would be perfect.

Will N.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:13 AM   #10
Tinkerer and Putterer

Not a problem. While I may not be able to find that couch specifically I have found many options for tri fold couches. Now I'm digging for a couch that uses memory foam cushions